• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Update - FRASIER IS EATING!! HAD THE OP!!!

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I took Frasier (with Annie for comfort) to the vet this morning. The vet checked his front teeth and felt his jaw but couldn't find anything. He said he wanted to put him "under" to check his back teeth properly. This worried me so I asked him if he couldn't check with those black instrument thingeys (look like human doctor ear checking thingeys) but he said that was not the correct way to check. He was really nice and promised to check Frasier's stomach if teeth proved okay.

I just called but they haven't gotten to him yet. They do all patients in turn of emergency status and a few dogs and cats were in with bites etc, so could be later. Have to call again at 4.30.

They are both being microchipped while there which is good.

Frasier is 5 and not good eyesight which worries about him coming round after the GA. Any advice?

thanks x

Last edited:
Aww Romy I'm sure he'll be fine
Strange your vet couldn't do a quick check without a GA..most will:?
just keep bunster warm and make sure he is eating and pooing.Will keep fingers crossed for him x

Thanks Jill. Yeah he was a new vet there. Seemed nice and even though other vets have checked before with that thingey, I just wanted to make sure that they get it all checked out today.

I hate being here without Frasier and Annie. It feels so empty. I just hope they will be okay to come home tonight. I hate the thought of them in overnight in a strange place. :cry:

Just phoned vet. They haven't gotten to him yet! Have to phone back again at 5.30pm. Please send vibes for my Frasier bun. xx

They kept in overnight as they had emergencies and promised he would be done today. Just spoke to them and they STILL haven't done it yet. I have to phone back at 4.30pm.:cry:

I use the RSPCA vet hospital - they would be good with rabbits surely?? :?

Vet just phoned. Frasier is eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love: They did the op and his far back molars were mildly spurred causing him discomfort. So we got it early before it got nasty. His tummy is fine.

They are keeping him in overnight to keep an eye on him as he had a GA and I can collect him tomorrow all being well. I'm so happy!!! My baby boy is okay. :love::love::bunny::rabbit2:

I use the RSPCA vet hospital - they would be good with rabbits surely?? :?

I think it's fair to say that a rabbit savvy vet is sadly not the norm and even within a practice you will get vets whose knowledge varies considerably. If at any time I am not sure about what a vet has said I will phone up and ask to speak with them again to clarify/justify. I often don't question it during the consult as I need time to digest and think about the information.

Happily neutering and dentals are becoming common procedures for rabbits with more vets being experienced and general rabbit welfare is slowly (very slowly) becoming more well known and accepted.

So glad he has been sorted and is eating OK. Bet you can't to get him home tomorrow.

Maria x

Vet just phoned. Frasier is eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love: They did the op and his far back molars were mildly spurred causing him discomfort. So we got it early before it got nasty. His tummy is fine.

They are keeping him in overnight to keep an eye on him as he had a GA and I can collect him tomorrow all being well. I'm so happy!!! My baby boy is okay. :love::love::bunny::rabbit2:

That's fab news hon!! So glad he is ok.xxx

Back