• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some advice please!

cotton tail

Young Bun
Okay at the moment both rabbits share indoor cage as they are 12 weeks old they are a giant british x wiltshire,im trying to plan ahead for their housing needs.So they could be big or medium size when they are adults so what size hutch will they need as i would rather pay out once rather than get one then have to get a bigger one?

Depends how big theyre going be... How much do they currently weigh? :) Id personally say they couldnt be kept in a cage constantly :( Id say a 48" dog crate if you need to shut them in for a short time and then free range in the house. Even better if they could have total free range in the house :) As theyre mixed breed it really does depend how they 'turn out' :D :D xXx

They are in my living room so in the evening they get to run around at the moment:)
They won't be in a cage all the time just when i go out or in bed:D
They cant have the run of the whole house as its a town house with three lots of stairs:)
If i weigh them will that give me more of an idea how big they will be?

go to
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/42416

But they have to get plenty of free time as well

My rabbit is completely free range, it's not taken long at all to train him and he stays in the bathroom and hall whilst i'm out with no trouble at all and lots of space to hop around :)

It's brilliant, if they're freerange like that they come and meet you at the door when you get in :)

My rabbit is completely free range, it's not taken long at all to train him and he stays in the bathroom and hall whilst i'm out with no trouble at all and lots of space to hop around :)

It's brilliant, if they're freerange like that they come and meet you at the door when you get in :)

Thats fab!
I have to think about my two dogs,i dont think they would hurt them but would not like to take the chance so they will need some where safe:)

If theyre going to be getting free range while your at home, i cant see the problem with putting them in a 48" dog crate for a few hours :)

I have a conti giant, and at 16wks he was around 2kg :) He has total free range of the house, sleeps on the end of our bed of a night time :oops: Whilst we are out he has the hall way and kitchen :) He does have a dog crate which is 'his own' space as we also have a dog, shes always been around bunnies though and is fine with him, if anything he bullys her! :shock:

Ebay sell dog crates quite cheap i think :) xXx

Back