• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

staying at the vets-UPDATE not looking good

cazh

Warren Scout
Hi all,

My poor little Minnie was taken to the vets this morning with gut statis, he wasn't eating and looked really uncomfortable. When they were examining her the also found a lump in her stomach that they wanted to investigate so they had to do an x-ray. The vet called me at work to say they were going to keep her over night to syringe feed her as she wasn't eating herself still and her normal vet will examine the x-ray results tomorrow... and because i was at work I didn't ask as many questions as I should have like 'is she ok?' 'how is she after the GA'... silyl questions but I wanted to put my mind at ease. When I got home I called the vets to see if I could speak to the vet just to get an update and see how she is but the vet was consulting and was supposed to call me back but she didn't.

Now i'm really upset because they forgot to call back and the number is just going to voicemail. I'm going to be worrying all evening!! are there night staff at vets? I'm worried she'll be there on her own and no one will be there to monitor her if she deteriorates. :(

Last edited:
Poor Minnie, I hope she improves soon. If they are keeping her in overnight there should be someone there to check on her. Can you leave a message on the answerphone to ask them to call you back.

Sending Minnie some vibes.

Just a little update, Minnie is still not eating herself after 36 hours but the vets are syringe feeding her, giving lots of tummy rubs and making her run about... they say if the blockage is clearing and she isn't pooing by tomorrow then they will open her up to remove the hairball or whatever it is... fingers crossed she will be ok. She's only 1 :(
i'm so upset, i really hope she pulls though :cry:

My vet thinks that the Barium helps to break things up when he gives it them to do X-rays. One of my buns had a blockage last Christmas Day (not diagnosed until Boxing Day) and she did not start eating until New Years Eve,

Sending her lots of vibes, I hope the blockage will pass on its own.

She was opened up today and they found an abcess which they were able to remove... fingers crossed this was what was making her ill and she'll start eating again tomorrow... it has been 3 days now and she still hasn't eaten or passed any droppings. Please send lots of vibes for Minnie and hope she recovers, i know sometimes recovery from surgery can go either way :?

Back