• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get him used to me ?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Basically litle oggie is doing well. I let him out today, of his hutch and he had a wander round the room :love. Then i had a very little cuddle before putting him back in the cage :love: Anywho i just wanted some tips on how to get him used to me ie stroking, picking up that sort of thing :D Mops didnt mind being stroked but she was always nervous and so i would like it if Ogs was a bit more outgoing if you catch me drift :lol:
Thankyou :D

Aww Your making me so jealous:love::lol:

Start by letting him smell you and taking veg or a treat out of your hand, then while he is eating the veg, gently stroke him. This way he will associate veg, with good feelings..

Gradually build it up to finally havving a full on cuddle.
But some buns hate being picked up, so bear in mind, Oggie might not like it;)

Jack x

:lol: lmao jack :lol:

Yes i was thinking to do the same thing. Everytime i put my hand in the cage to let him smell it he went to the back then ran to my hand then went back again :lol:
I think he is ok with being picked up cos he fell asleep when i was holding him yesterday :love: :lol:

Back