• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur Liquid, can someone explain

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
I need to get Lopsy and Bo some panacur.
I usually use the paste.
However someone mentioned the liquid been better for money?

Any websites? Explain please...:oops:

The liquid for dogs & cats at 10% comes in bottles of 100ml. At the dose rate of 0.2ml per kg per day it works out at the same concentration as using the paste but a bottle will only cost you betwen £10-£13.

The active ingrediants etc. are still the same, it's just not 'specifically' marketed at rabbits.

A 2kg bunny will need 0.4ml per day.

Over 9 days thats 3.6ml
Over 6 weeks thats 8.4ml

100 divided by 3.6ml is 27 2kg bunnies
100 divided by 8.4ml is 11 2kg bunnies

Right......

I have, who i know weighs for..

Tigger - 2.90KG
Lindt - 2.80KG
Lopsy - 3.14KG
Bo - 2.45KG
Oscar - 3.5KG
Jasmine - 2.90KG
Tommy - 1.90KG
Petra - ? (dutch cross)
Ollie - 1.95KG
Violet - ? (rex)
Jack - 1.90KG
Angelica - 1.95KG
Toffee 2.5KG
Little Ben - ? (mini-lop-nearly4months old)
Amstel - 1.95KG

Help working out please..:oops::wave:

Right......

I have, who i know weighs for..

Lopsy - 3.14KG
Bo - 2.45KG
Oscar - 3.5KG
Jasmine - 2.90KG
Tommy - 1.90KG
Petra - ? (dutch cross)
Ollie - 1.95KG
Violet - ? (rex)
Jack - 1.90KG
Angelica - 1.95KG
Toffee 2.5KG
Little Ben - ? (mini-lop-nearly4months old)
Amstel - 1.95KG

Help working out please..:oops::wave:

Times their weight by 0.2 and then times the answer to that by 9.
Add all together to see how many bottles (of 100mls) you need.

I would do it for you but Im gonna be late for work :)

I worked out in total, doing averages weights for the ones i didnt know 65.232??

Whats that mean? :? :oops::lol:

Can I just hijack this thread and ask about rabbit worming (as the concept is new to me) ? Does everyone worm their rabbits ? Do all rabbits get worms ? How do the rabbits get the worms ? As I say, I saw the rabbit panacur in the pet shop the other day and wasn't sure if all rabbits needed it, or just if they were diagnosed as having worms ?

I worked out in total, doing averages weights for the ones i didnt know 65.232??

Whats that mean? :? :oops::lol:

It means you need approx. 66mls to worm them all for 9 days so one bottle is plenty. :)

ETA: I forgot to say that the answer to their weight x 0.2mls should be rounded to the nearest 0.1ml as with a 1ml syringe you cannot measure it any less.

Can I just hijack this thread and ask about rabbit worming (as the concept is new to me) ? Does everyone worm their rabbits ? Do all rabbits get worms ? How do the rabbits get the worms ? As I say, I saw the rabbit panacur in the pet shop the other day and wasn't sure if all rabbits needed it, or just if they were diagnosed as having worms ?

Moste people worm against Encephalitozoon Cuniculi which is a protozoa rather than intestinal worms. Intestinal worms are quite rare in rabbits, sadly EC is not.

Yup, either in the gap between the incisors and molars across the tongue or onto their food if they will take it that way (and eat it away from their partner).

Brillant.
I think i get the workings out.
What if i get it wrong? As in too much or too little? :lol:

Brillant.
I think i get the workings out.
What if i get it wrong? As in too much or too little? :lol:

It will be a negligable amount. Fenbendazole is a very safe drug....a member on here gave their rabbit a whole Panacur paste syringe in one go and he was fine. :)

Do try to get it right though! You can always ask if your not sure ;)

Back