• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maya- Mandibular Abscess :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I knew it would happen. Maya had her incisors removed about 3 months ago. She had another Dental 2 weeks ago to burr down her molars. Today she is showing signs of having an abscess in her right mandible. Her skull xrays from 3 months ago revealed elongated roots so I suspected trouble at some stage, just not quite so soon :cry:

Maya is about 7 now and at the moment she is not happy :cry:
She is on treatment and we just have to hope it gets the pain and infection under control.

Sorry to hear this Jane.

Mack has just had his mandibular abcess confirmed and has been admitted for surgery :(.

I hope she is OK.

What I dont understand is that until the age of 7 Maya never had any problems with her teeth. I have had her since she was 8 weeks old and she was always a very good hay/grass eater. All of a sudden at 7 years of age she developed an incisor malocclusion. I just dont understand it.

Back