• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not eating or drinking as much

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I'm worried as for the 2nd day running my Frasier is still not eating and drinking as much as normal. He has been nibbling some but not charging out for his food like he always does. He has been hiding away in his castle. He normally sleeps a lot but he always runs out when his name is called for food but not now.

I have checked his eyes (deformed sometimes gets build up) but they are clean, nails fine, stomach doesn't feel hard. He has been flopping out on his side, stretched out in the castle or his tunnel, so not outwardly displaying "pain" but the food is worrying me.

Could it just be hibernating/weather change? He is free range in door bunny.

He may be stressed out by something like a change to his environment in some way.
He may have pain in his teeth which would explain his stretching out.

Best advice I could give is get him checked out at the vets, it'll put your mind at rest and ensure he's in good health.

Hmmmm - Frasier not eating is out of character for him! It's good that he is still eating something although it's not as much as usual - is he still pooping and are they normal colour and size? Is he still happy to be handled? Does he show any discomfort when you handle him? I agree though if he continues to be off colour pop him down to the vets as catching things early is always good. Give him a nose rub for me - come on little Frasier :love:

He has eaten baby corn cobs and green leafy veg but is still not interested in his pellets, carrot or hay - very not like him. His bottom is clean and poo looks normal but not as big. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow just to check it out. I'm wondering if maybe a tooth could be bothering him.

Back