• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now we need vibes for Charlie/ UD 26th am Hes gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I know I have been asking for more than my fair share of vibes recently, but if there are any spare Charlie would really appreciate them.

His ear started to swell yesterday so he was booked in this morning with Edith. They shaved his ear and it is worse than I thought. Jen thinks it is a reaction to some sort of bite or sting, but it looks very painful and is extremely hot. Even the side of his face has started to swell and it has given him a head tilt.

Although he is still eating poor Charlie is very distressed, he is completely deaf and also has sight problems. We also think he may have mild neurological problems.

This is what it looks like at the moment

HPIM1357.jpg

And this is what he normally looks like, he is a real cuddly bunny

HPIM1356.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my that looks horrible :shock:
I hope he starts to feel better soon, and that the swelling dosn't impose on his face too much.

I know, it's terrible. I don't even know whats caused it as he is a house bunny.
I have never seen anything like it and neither has my vet :?

Oh the poor boy :( Have you tried some anti-histamines incase of a reaction? I would give quarter of a tablet - it will help the irritation as well:)

it seems to be getting worse, his face is so swollen his eye can't open and the heat seems to be travelling down his front leg too. I think he isn't putting much weight on it but can't be certain as he isn't moving much. At least he is still eating.
It is a real mystery as to what has caused this, we did wonder about one of the cats hurting him but if that was the case there would be a wound of some sort:? Plus the cats don't normally bother with the bunnies, they normally run away from them :?

This is how he looks now, he is back at the vets tomoorow for another injection
HPIM1358.jpg

Oh goodness - could it be like an infection travelling down like we have when whe have had a bad bite or scratch from a cat:shock:
To be honest, I'd be onto the vet tonight to explain how fast this is travelling:(

Back