• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Lopsy U/D Been to Vets!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
My French Lop Lopsy appears to be loosing weight.
On the 26/09/08 she weighed 4.15KG.
She eats fine, happily eats hay, drinks plenty and gets plenty of excercise, free range.
She doesnt appear poorly, just seems thinner?

I feel as though its all happening at once, what with Bella loosing weight.
After the **** advice with Bella and me nearly loosing Bella, i will take Lopsy to my new Vet and if theres anything catch it quickly.

Im at Vets today with Bella so will take Lopsy too to check her weight and go from there.
Im thinking of panacuring her and her partner too, what do you think?

:(

Last edited:
I would take her to the vet, and if there are no definitive signs that she is ill i.e temp etc I would panacur her!

Is Bella being Panacured too?

Unless you have quarantine structures in place between all your sets of buns I would probably be doing the whole lot if it turned out two were loosing condition with no other viable cause.

I Panacur all mine twice a year because I know that they have been in contact with carriers.

Yes Bella is panacured.
All my buns have been panacured earlier this year. So im guessing its time to do it again?
Bella was split from her group and brought inside.

Going to Vets at 4.00pm :)

She weighs 3.14KG.
Going to start her on a course of panacur.
Vet nurse didnt seem "concerned" by her weight loss.

Asked lots of questions, food, hay, accomadation, excercise.
She checked teeth, eyes, temp etc etc

We have to take her back in two weeks, unless she obv gets ill.

Back