• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

in love......

i have fallen in love.... we have lost our miss moll and ive posted bout shauny finding love...well i saw her, rich says its too soon, but shes a rescue bun, and ive fallen for her (i dnt want that to make me sound bad) miss molly was our first little lady and i miss her so much..... is it too soon?.

The lady was lovley and said she (annie) is a problem bunny, shes a fluffy monster (just like our miss molly:) and would need daily brushing (no probs). I want her to be bonded with our Shauny, we are going to see her tomorrow, im already in love with her, and she would def have a forever home with us.

What do people think?.

xxx

I think if you really love her you should get her. I got another bun the day after mine passed away because I thought she was perfect. I think it's a good Idea

A new friend can be a good way to help a rabbit cope with the stress of losing a partner. There is no right or wrong time period. Some people prefer to introduce a new rabbit as soon as possible, others prefer to wait longer. Do whatever feels right to you :)

i agree whole heartedly with tamsin.. we got a new bun a week after loosing snowy as it helped dora cope and in fact it helped me cope..th i still hope one day we will find her. i think its only too soon if you feel its too soon xxx

i think it depends on how stressed your bun seems to be by the death. ANd how well the bun took to bonding the 1st time. Bonding can be stressful for some buns, but not for others, if your bun seems v lonely i would go for it and get her. there is no harm introducing them at least to see how they react to one another

i think it depends on how stressed your bun seems to be by the death. ANd how well the bun took to bonding the 1st time. Bonding can be stressful for some buns, but not for others, if your bun seems v lonely i would go for it and get her. there is no harm introducing them at least to see how they react to one another

:wave: i had never heard about bonding buns till i came on here. Miss molly was kinda i think bonded to elvis, they used to sit and look at each other, and also nibble each others fur through a wire divide (our miss molly wasnt neutered) but the one time we put them together they fought, and i panicked (looking back that was prob normal).

so when we got shauny bout a year ago, we decided cause molly had arthritus (sp) in both her back legs and at that time was bout 7 1/2 and had lived in her own room for bout 2-3 yrs it wouldnt be fair to have shauny chasing her, (i really dn think she would have taken to him at all). That we would leave her be.

So this would be my first bonding experience, im scared to death of fights, them drawing blood ect. I think if we do get annie i will ask the rescuer to do the bonding for me- im too much of a coward.
x

Back