• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay hutch?

the hutch is a nice size but be aware for the money they are asking you could easily get a large shed which would give more room and be easier to clean...just a thought...as many people ahve attatched runs to sheds before and put levels in the shed to give buns extra room xx

Hi Dawn

The thread in the link will give you some info on selecting hutches and people's opinions on quality of hutch/service etc.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=145070

I have the hutch in the picture and quite like it though if I was buying now i would spend more and get better quality, though size-wise it's a good hutch. I can't remember if it's in the thread I've highlighted but someone had a bit of frustration about the lid of the run tipping towards the hutch which was not a good design. I haven't attached mine as it's all under cover and I wouldn't be able to open it if it was attached (I just place it on top of the run). Also as mine is under cover the quality is okay, if it was out in the open a more robust hutch would be better.

Thanks guys, was going to attach another 6ft run. Think ill have a shop around. The hutch they have at the moment seemed really big for them when they were babies but its time for them to have a big boys hutch now!!!

Thanks guys, was going to attach another 6ft run. Think ill have a shop around. The hutch they have at the moment seemed really big for them when they were babies but its time for them to have a big boys hutch now!!!

I had that too my babies looked tiny in their hutch and then they grew. If you have the space I would really recommend a shed with a run attached its much easier to clean and you can stand up in it. I now spend ages sitting with the buns in the shed which I wouldnt do in this weather if thy were in a hutch

All our hutches for boarding now come from Dawson animal housing and have replaced the Happy Hutch ones which didn't even last us a year. They are excellent quality and a 6x2x2 with a run will set you back approx £200. They can custom make for you too so a longer run would not be a problem. John also delivers in person for excellent customer service:)

I have to admit I wasted a lot of money on my happy hutch and 8 weeks later I bought another hutch from a different company. The roof on my happy hutch went flat and allowed water to sit on it :(

this is the one I have now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/64-x-26-x-55-...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

there is a really good angle on the roof, it is solidly made and the buns love it. Best of all is that it is animal compliant, at 5ftx2ftx2ft

I also got this to attach

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-5-x-29-Ra...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

The height on it is amazing at 29 inches, neither of my rabbits can stretch to reach the top

Back