• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling Dog crate peeps!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hiya :wave:

Thinking of getting crates for my two sets of indoor bunnies. At the minute they are in cages attaches to pens but im wondering whether dog crates would be a good idea. Ive just never been sure whether or not they would get enough living space. What size crates would be best? If anyone has any piccies of their dog crate set ups could they put them on here so i can be nosy and have a look? Ta!!!!

Lisa and the zoo x

Last edited:
im probably the only one on here who didnt get on with dog crates.... i still have old pics if you want to see?

yeah go on then! Im scared of the nic cubes cos im bloody useless at stuff like that so im desperately looking for alternatives!

Lisa

i must say i was not daring enough to make a proper cage from the NIC things but i was pretty satisfied of the roof i created to put on my pen lol

i found the doors on dog crates abit too small for when i was cleaning and stuff and they wasnt good for travelling but i did really like the metal tray at the bottom...

it was a 42" dog crate with the door permanently removed
P7290028.jpg

i love my new cage much more tho its open fronted so easier to clean :)

IMG_0517.jpg

Here's my set up and it is a 48inch. She is freerange 24 hours a day in one room so this is just really her base.

yeah go on then! Im scared of the nic cubes cos im bloody useless at stuff like that so im desperately looking for alternatives!

Lisa

don't be scared of them they are fab!! I'm blonde and from Essex I dont do ANY diy I don't even know which end to hold a screwdriver!! And I managed to make a setup with the NIC cubes it's v v simple you just clip the panels together with the little connectors and it's very quick!

Back