• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rspca Goole - rabbit rescue GOOD NEWS

jesska

Alpha Buck
im part of the RSPCA Goole branch we used to only rehomed cat because we are such a small branch but have now from today are formally now taking rabbits this is going to be from my back garden and ill be running it iv been wanting to do this for a long time and now there given me a chance. this is only going to be small but I am sure will have some a affect on the amount of rabbit are been put to sleep simply because there is no room in the rescue centres. the branch does not have a rescue centre and relies on there fosters. so I am just going to get my garden set up with more 6ft hutch and run combo hehe and I am really excited to be able to start some that so rewarding. i know there so many rescues on here i thought they could give me some good tips or advise. some much to write up, home check questionnaire sheet, rabbit agreement, work out how many i can take in at one time so much to think about. ohh if any one has a homecheck rabbit questionnaire i could get some idea from if that’s no too cheeky to ask
oh and a price to charge for them.
i know a lot of people think that the RSPCA has alot of money but each branch only get given a third of the money and then each branch and has to raise the rest there selfs and for such a little branch this is big step for us and im hoping to save a lot of rabbit life.
Jessica xx

Last edited:
wow jess thats fab... we shall have to pop and see you!!

it will hopefully ease the pressure that Hawt are facing xx

i know im so exciting about getting started, i know they said they was so full up at the minute. im sure ill be full within no time so many unwated bunnies out there just getting put to sleep because the centre are overloaded with them.

May I wish you well in this venture.:D

Just a word of warning I hope you have a very thick skin,:) Especially at this time of year.

We're all ready taking the get rid before Christmas calls, with people getting cross because we can't take anymore in until the new year now.

But then if the 4 very young stray rabbits that I took in late last night are anything to go by then I doubt I'll get to the waiting list until way in to next year.

Will the animals that your looking after be neutered and vaccinated before being adopted?

thank you oh rnpwelfare i wondered if you could send me anything information on homecheck questionaires i could get some idea from so i know what im looking for? yeah that was one agreement before i started that all bunnies male - female would not go out without been castrated and both vaccines cause i know some branchs only do male castrations and the VHD vaccine.

Why do some only do the VHD vaccine:? Surely the Myxi one would be the better one to do. The RSPCA bunnies I foster all go out neutered and full vacc'd

im not sure i guess some branch just think its less important, i think the hull branch only do the VHD vaccines, i guess some are just limit to a budgit

rabbits for re homing.

Hi, i have 3 male rabbits which need rehoming.very friendly as they are handled every day, but being adult males they need their own space which i dont have..(they have to stay in runs in the garden, which is ok in summer but the nights are gonna get cold soon). were supposed to go to homes when they were young but not collected , and then no one wanted fully grown rabbits. They are small, crosses between lionhead and dwarf lop, 2 are grey and white 1 is white with pink eyes. Have tried the addoption centres at pet shops but no luck. You are my last hope . Please let me know asap if you have room for 3 small rabbits .x

Hi, i have 3 male rabbits which need rehoming.very friendly as they are handled every day, but being adult males they need their own space which i dont have..(they have to stay in runs in the garden, which is ok in summer but the nights are gonna get cold soon). were supposed to go to homes when they were young but not collected , and then no one wanted fully grown rabbits. They are small, crosses between lionhead and dwarf lop, 2 are grey and white 1 is white with pink eyes. Have tried the addoption centres at pet shops but no luck. You are my last hope . Please let me know asap if you have room for 3 small rabbits .x

This thread is rather old, November 2008 and the original poster hasn't posted since March. You might have better luck starting a new thread.

Hey guys i got your email sent to me, we do rescue bunnies still but we only take in a small number of 15 at the most as its only me that does the rabbit side of the rescue so have to keep the numbers down but Hull Animal Welfare thats in South Cave Area is always needing extra pair of hands in the centre and would be so grateful, the bunny lady their is Linda Lawson i could give you her email address if you wanted it. j

thanx for replying hun....hulls a bit far for me at the moment as i live in selby....ive been looking into volunteering somewhere a bit more local.....goole or howden way....asked at rspca york but they have enough and have sent enquiries to goole...so wait an see...jackie

Back