• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can we have vibes/ All bunnies have arrived safely

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We need lots of vibes today.

Firstly Steve left early this morning for a bunnyrun to Birmingham. I am praying that he and the others involved have a safey journey due to the terrible weather conditions.

One of the 3 bunnies he is collecting is the freecycle headtilt bunny, we don't know how well he is going to cope with the long journey.

Also we have both been up half the night with 2 sick bunnies. Steve even slept on the sofa to be with Edith incase she passed away in the night. She is still with us this morning but her body seems to have shut down:(

Charlie has mysteriously got a swollen ear, it doesn't look very nice. He may have to go to the emergency vet once Steve gets back from Birmingham

I feel so sorry for Steve going on a long journey in bad weather after hardly any sleep and possibly having to drive for another hour to the emergency vets when he gets back, and all this after having day surgery to remove a growth inside him on Tuesday. We are nervously waiting fo the biopsy results :?

Last edited:
Sending tons of vibes. It certainly isnt a good day for driving. Do tell Steve to stop for a break if he feels tired whilst driving

:D Just to say the sun has just come out up here, so hopefully he will have a nicer journey. Sending you vibes for the buns.

I can't believe it, Edith has just done the biggest pile of poop and is bright as a button now :roll::D:D Talk about an emotional rollercoaster

I am increasingly concerned about Charlie, he is very quiet although still eating but he is holding his head to one side. He looks really miserable. Now I have to decide whether to go on the long journey to the emergency vet who may possibly be as much use as a chocolate teapot or wait until my usual vet open in the morning.
Given that Charlie is deaf and has sight problems and we think possibly some neurological problems this isn't an easy decision. He is a lovely friendly bunny as long as he has all 4 feet on the floor but if he is picked up or held he goes beserk :?

Steve has phoned to say he has safely arrived in Birmingham and is now waiting for all the bunnies. I hate that he gets to see them first as I know he will ring me up when he has them to torment me about how lovely they are :lol: and then he will think of a silly name for them on the way home like Edith :roll::lol::lol:

Poor Steve, he got to Birmingham at 10.40. At 11.25 I get a text to say no-one has arrived, turns out he was in the wrong place :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Bunnies are now safely loaded in to the car and on their way home :D
What should have been a 4 hour trip is now turning into a 6 hour one :shock:

can't wait to meet the new bunnies:love::love:

Poor Steve, he got to Birmingham at 10.40. At 11.25 I get a text to say no-one has arrived, turns out he was in the wrong place :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Birmingham has that effect on me too (as Kirsty can testify!!!)

Glad to hear the first part of the journey is done successfully, and that the weather seems to be improving.

All the bunnies have arrived safely and are now busy settling in. They are all:love::love::love:
I'm so pleased we have been able to offer them all a forever home :D

ohh piccys soon please

I'll do my best but it may take a few days things are going mad here at the moment:roll:

Edith has stopped eating again, I really think we are going to have to let her go :( Charlie is looking really sorry for himself too.
Austin is worse than ever despite all his tests and different meds and has also worked out that he can get his nappy off if he runs up and down the stairs fast enough:shock: Which he has done 3 times already this afternoon.

Plus the central heating isn't working either.

All in all its all going really well :roll::lol::lol:

I promise there will be lots of piccys when I have a spare minute :D

Glad they arrived safely, has Steve chosen any names yet. He must have had plenty of time to think about them whilst waiting in the wrong place (bless him).

:lol::lol::lol:

Luckily we had already choosen the name Fidget for the little headtilt nethie as Becky sent me some lovely piccys of him.

The other 2 came with names but we are still deciding whether or not to change them, if we do I am choosing ;):lol:

Back