• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable indoor bunny cage

jakies13

Warren Scout
hi all can someone recommend me a good indoor bun cage for two standard rexes.
im gona try and convince the boyfriend to let me have them as indoor buns
wish me luck;);)

$$

have a look at dog cages too, but I got a nero 4 (biggest bunny cage from PAH), the panels come off individually so you can buy two and fit them together maybe? If you wanted it any bigger :)

DEFO a dog crate for two rexes. 42" +

Ebay have some very cheap ones, but if you have a Jolleys Pet Food nearby, they sell crates too.

Jack x

How much time will the spend in the cage and how much out? If they're going to be free range with just a cage with litter tray etc. then most 3/4' cages are fine. If they are going to be mainly shut in with then evening out then you need something big eg a dog crate with a pen attached - think about 6'x2' minimum area.

they would be free ranging most of the day, unless we go out which never be any longer than 2 hours in the day and wont be very often.
have people got any more pics of the NIC cages, im considering that option:D

Tina at waggytails has 2 house buns presently in a dog crate but with a puppy run for them to go out into. It works well and is a great safe idea

this is mine, may be more suitable with two lots of panels per level

S5000980.jpg

S5000981.jpg

The trixi you've linked to is the biggest rabbit style cage you can get :) It's about 5' x2.5' so fine for just a couple of hours a day :)

this is mine with the nic cubes (i used two boxes)
DSCF2881.jpg

DSCF2878.jpg

nic cubes are great, because you can make them as big as you like, and fit them into any space!

Back