• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay! They're bonded!! Lots of Bonding Piccies :)

AnnaDelie

Mama Doe
Well - I put Kiki and Hiro in a cage yesterday in our f-f-freeezing conservatory. Lots of mounting, chasing and fur pulling for a bit, then after a few hours Kiki surprised me and starting mounting and nipping Hiro! :O I actually said out loud (although no one else was with me) "BREAKTHROUGH!" - then thought, hmm, is it a breakthrough?? But then no more mounting or anything for the rest of the night.

I moved them upstairs (the mother finally gave in as I was wheezing due to the cold) and slept in the spare room with the window wide open. Loads of grooming and happy flops going on from both of them and didn;t get woken up. I even went out today to sort out some hasps and locks and came back to them snuggled up together. Here's some recent piccies my boyfriend took, I hope you'll all enjoy:

DSC_6799.jpg

DSC_6801.jpg

DSC_6893.jpg

DSC_6904.jpg

DSC_6905.jpg

DSC_6915.jpg

^ I bought this wooden carrot chew from my local pet store, made by bordom breakers (natural range) and they LOVE it - so reccommend that! :D

I am sooo relieved and happy that it's gone so well, was a bit concerned at first and tried to do everything proper-like, so big smiles from me :D

Last edited:
It seems like forever that you've been waiting for this moment !!

They still look like babies bless 'em. :love::love::love: Remember to keep the pictures coming, no good having cute bunnies if you don't share :lol::lol:

It is nice to know they will be able to keep each other warm now.

Thank you all :) I wish I could have done this earlier if the vet could have neutered/spayed earlier, I just checked up on them and they are still snuggled up :love:

I didn't realise that Kiki was actually quite dominant, she looked like the weaker one when Hiro was nipping and mounting, but she soon retaliated and became the mounter :lol: just goes to show you can't tell who is more dominant until you put them together

eweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i love your two they so sweet im so glad youve had a pretty straight forward bonding:love:

doesnt surprise me at all that the female is dominate either you go girl :lol:

Oopsie - they've started mounting/nipping again. Kiki seemed to start it, now Hiro is trying to dominante and Kiki keeps scarpering :S

YEY!!!
Looks successful to me!
Dont rush them though, give them time in there current space (can tell i learnt by my mistakes) :lol:

YEY!!!
Looks successful to me!
Dont rush them though, give them time in there current space (can tell i learnt by my mistakes) :lol:

Yeah thanks Nat hon :) I think I'm learnt that too today - think I started the last fight as I was checking over Kiki for any nips and Hiro didn't seem to like that.. I'm trying not to get involved at all and watch from a distance, it's not as bad as yesterday though as Kiki looked like she was flinging herself away from him :S

I can't stay with them tonight as I am having terrible breathing due to the cold - I have to make an app with the doc. They were absolutely fine last night so I feel confident they will be fine tonight too. Bonding is tiring! :lol:

Yeah thanks Nat hon :) I think I'm learnt that too today - think I started the last fight as I was checking over Kiki for any nips and Hiro didn't seem to like that.. I'm trying not to get involved at all and watch from a distance, it's not as bad as yesterday though as Kiki looked like she was flinging herself away from him :S

I can't stay with them tonight as I am having terrible breathing due to the cold - I have to make an app with the doc. They were absolutely fine last night so I feel confident they will be fine tonight too. Bonding is tiring! :lol:

With some it really is!!

All the best.

:love:

Thanks :D they keep having scuffles though :S I am trying to use my initiative and only seperate them if it gets too much. There is alot of nipping, fur and mounting on his part, Kiki may get a little fed up soon and retaliate, but I just can't stay with them in the cold tonight and am a little worried :roll: I'm still finding it hard to breathe (I think I may have asthma/bronchitis) and cold makes it worse.

Vibes for my two please x x

I hope they're still playing nicely. :) They make such a lovely couple. When I rebonded Alfie and Bubbles, it probably took the best part of a week for the nipping and fur pulling to stop completely but it got less and less every day.

I hope they're still playing nicely. :) They make such a lovely couple. When I rebonded Alfie and Bubbles, it probably took the best part of a week for the nipping and fur pulling to stop completely but it got less and less every day.

Thanks - I think it's getting less and less, they have a little mounting/nipping session then it all calms down again and they groom and sleep next to each other :) think I will plan for a week rather than just a weekends-worth. I've just spent most of today with the boyfriend extending the current hutch, it now has a large 6ft run instead of the 2ft run it came with :D

Back