• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edith, the cancer bunny/ She's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I would post a few more piccys of this lovely old girl, she is such a character. Since her arrival 2 weeks ago she has really settled in and loves exploring and plenty of nose rubs.
We have nearly lost her twice in the past week, but with a bit of extra medication she has been back to her bouncy self. Her tumours seem to be growing daily, they are probably double the size they were when she arrived. I really don't know how she is still with us let alone jumping around on furniture or binkying :love::love:

HPIM1350.jpg

HPIM1349.jpg

HPIM1346.jpg

HPIM1342.jpg

I wanted to include this one of her dainty little feet. Unfortunately she is a bit wet underneth as she is slightly incontinent, I'm guessing this is probably due to a tumour pressing on her bladder. I'm unable to bath her as the stress would be too much and she finds it really painful being held
HPIM1340.jpg

I know we will not have Edith for very long, but I am so gratefull that I got the chance to know this little bunny, she really is something special

Last edited:
Poor, wee soul. Glad you are able to make her last days comfortable and happy, sorry that there is nothing more that can be done. At least she is being looked after during her biggest time of need, well done (don't mean to make that sound patronising.:oops:)

She's beautiful Liz, She looks so fragile and precious :love: she's so lucky to have found her way to you for her remaining days.

What a shame, she looks such a lovely bunny. I know she will enjoy her remaining time with you being spoilt rotten, you are an angel the way you look after these bunnies when they need it most. It is only a special person who can do that.

Awww Liz, she looks so fragile :( Glad shes still with you, she seems like alittle fighter :) Nose rubs for Edith xXx

Bless her, she looks such a sweetie, you can tell from her ears that she is enjoying pottering around in spite of being so fragile :) I do hope you are able to enjoy a good period more quality time with her xxx

Aw, what a lovely girlie. She couldn't be anywhere better and she's obviously really happy with you :)

Thank you for your lovely replies

Unfortunately Edith has taken a turn for the worse. She munched into her tea but since then has become very lethargic, refusing to eat and not pooing.
I have given her all her meds which she normally responds to within an hour or so, but this time she hasn't.

We thought we would loose her in the night but she is still with us this morning. She seems comfortable unless I try to move her and is sleeping peacefully on her heat pad

I feel for you and Edith this morning. I lost my mom to cancer and sitting there through the last few days was awful :( Hopefully Edith will have a more up day today xx

I can't believe that bunny after saying all our goodbyes for the third time, just in case, she has done the biggest pile of poop and is now begging for food at the bars :D

I can't believe she has pulled through again. I really thought it was the end this time.

The problem now is that it will be really difficult to make the right decision in the future because we just don't know how long to leave her when she is down :?

At least we have our special bunny back for a bit longer :D:D

She has stopped eating again, I think we will have to let her go tomorrow, I don't want her to start to suffer she deserves better than that :(

I really feel for you, it is so difficult to know what to do when they are so up and down. If you feel she may start to suffer then it is right to say goodbye, and she has been given every care possible.

Poor Edith, it's such a terriible decision to have to make for her. I hate having to assess how long the down will last against the up's :cry:

She has stopped eating again, I think we will have to let her go tomorrow, I don't want her to start to suffer she deserves better than that :(

:cry: You are doing everything you can, and I think she has had the best care a bunny could have had. Peacefull vibes for Edith x x

Jack:cry:

Back