• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit insurance

Lynne_Zeb

Young Bun
Hi everyone:wave:

Im just looking for some advice on the best pet insurance?

I havent got a policy yet - my first rabbit died so young - within the first few weeks of getting him and the policy I was taking out wouldnt have covered him so early on.... and I didnt want to tempt fate with Zeb and also the vets who I go to (who I think are really good) normally give you info on PETPLAN and also have an over of the first month for free or something like that but when I took Zeb for his first check up the must have forgotten to give me the info.

who does everyone else have their insurance with and what seems to be the best deals?

Thanks guys x

here are only a handful of companies who insure rabbits, with pet plan being the most popular.

Pet plan cover from 8weeks old, upto four or five for life. They will cover accidents immediately and illnesses from two weeks into the plan.

I pay 24 pounds for three buns, who vary in age. I also put money aside to cover routine checkups, vaccs and unforeseen things. as you have to pay the vets before the insurance pays out.

I also use Petplan and it costs me £17 for my 2. I only have to pay my Vets the excess (£50) and they sort out the claim forms etc. They are pretty quick at paying claims, usually within 10 working days of recieving the claim form.

Back