• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really cross with rabbit sanctuary

I went to a local sanctuary's open day recently and agreed to sponsor a rabbit. i explained that I could leave a cheque but it would have to be post dated to the day I get paid - this was written on the form and the cheque had 26th November written on it.

They have paid it in anyway! So i am now over my overdraft limit by £13!

And because they did it before my car and pet insurance went out, it will be those that bounce!

So, I will now have to pay a fee for going over my limit! I'm really annoyed! The lady who I gave the cheque to was quite rude anyway and it was only because of the bunnies I donated, not because I liked the place!

Goodness knows - I'm hoping it will bounce and then I will not give them the money back I'll give it to another rescue instead.

Yet more confirmation that I was right not to rehome from there! Grr!

I'd ring the bank. They shouldn't have accepted it before the date and can't then turn round and charge you because they messed up...:(

So, how can the bank honour it if the date was for 26 Nov. Surely the bank are wrong in accepting it.

Unfortunately, a lot of banks will have somewhere in their terms that they will bank post-dated cheques as soon as presented. :( If you ring the bank and explain, they may be willing to wave the charges out of courtesy though.

What a pain in the bum Carol, and very unfair that you've been left out of pocket for trying to be charitable. :(

Goodness knows - I'm hoping it will bounce and then I will not give them the money back I'll give it to another rescue instead.

Yet more confirmation that I was right not to rehome from there! Grr![/QUOTE]

I can understand totally why you are so angry and it was a bad mistake on their part. The person who took the cheques most probably forgot and just passed the cheques on. The person banking the cheques didn't look at the dates on the cheques (neither would I have thought to do so). The bank shouldn't have taken the cheque either.

BUT they have selflessly taken in rabbits for the last 11 years (not gone away on holiday in all that time), all their animals are neutered, vaccinated against VHD, myximatosis and have time spend with them so you know the character of the rabbit you adopt. Like most rescues they no doubt use some of their own money to fund it. Many of those rabbits may have died if they hadn't been given a "half-way home" during their stay.

Please don't judge it as a bad place to adopt from because of the clerical error - it is an excellent place to adopt from, the people who run it are amongst the most caring, dedicated people I have ever met.

I know that - but I was assured it would not be banked. It was not the people who run it that I was dealing with. Sadly, when I contacted them to try and arrange an adoption they did not get back in touch with me. I am not saying it's a bad place to adopt from, I can see it prob did come across that way and it wasn't supposed to. I know 2 families who have adopted from there and been very happy :D

If it's the place I'm thinking of I am fed up tryingto contact them to help. Imust have written 6 letters now and phoned just as many times and no one ever replies or gets back to you. They keep asking for help but seems they dont want to know so I'll just offer it elsewhere.

Back