• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny toys

Hi what do you think are safe suitable toys for bunnies? I have stuffed empty toilet rolls whit hay and also have some tunnels but what else could I used to keep them amused especially as I can't let them run around in the garden all day? Any suggestions would be great!

Mine love chewing on sticks (check they are from safe trees first) or the hay experts do loads of willow balls etc

also anything that rattles.. a box filled with hay or dried leaves..... a digging box filled with earth tho can get messy... treats hidden inside cardboard boxes(small ones) treat balls. x

Copied a post I did the other day :lol:

Phone books, they love digging and turning pages or dragging it about

Paper bags filled with hay and pellets and closed

Cardboard boxes, small ones filled with pellets and hay then closed or big ones with holes cut in to make a bunny house

Something to jump up on, like those plastic stools for kids, not free but they dont need replacing again! Mine love jumping onto things

A digging box, just a storage box filled with soil

Toilet tubes filled with hay/pellets/veg strung together and hung up

Apple branches, I get mine free from a gardener just make sure they are untreated

Egg boxes closed and filled with pellets

Pine cones, I send my brother to the woods to get mine Then just stick them in the oven for a bit and let them cool

Tunnels, I got clay pipes free from a building site and they make great tunnels for the runs

Bits of veg wrapped up in a sheet of newspaper to make little parcels

Sorry guys....can I just check that giving rabbits a Yellow Pages will be fine and won't poison them with the ink on the pages?

Mine's eaten most of the argos catalogue.......seems to be fine. I think most inks are non-toxic now.
Is pear wood safe for buns?

Mine love the little key rattles that babies have - btu I never let them play unsupervised, they like to pick them up and erm throw them to the side, the same with those little jingle balls that cats play with.

Egg boxes.
Scrounge some fruit cardboard boxes from your local greengrocer, the smells will send them mad!

Morrisons sell untreated wicker waste bins for 97p!!

Look out for anything in a skip they might like, I have a traffic cone, an old stool, tubing etc.

I never really buy them anything - I treat them to a Willow Ball on Saturday and it lasted about an hour!

wow so many different things to give them mine already have toilet tubes and cardboard boxes never thought about giving them catolouges lol i now have loads i could find for them to play with

teresa

Cardboard boxes, small ones filled with pellets and hay then closed or big ones with holes cut in to make a bunny house

Something to jump up on, like those plastic stools for kids, not free but they dont need replacing again! Mine love jumping onto things

Apple branches, I get mine free from a gardener just make sure they are untreated

Pine cones, I send my brother to the woods to get mine Then just stick them in the oven for a bit and let them cool

Tunnels, I got clay pipes free from a building site and they make great tunnels for the runs

I got some pine cones today - what do I do with them???

What a fab list!

I also would add baby toys. I buy loads from car boots and charity shops. The sort you could give small kids - like rattles, teethers and plastic trucks! So long as they have no small parts then I feel that they are safe. So long as they make noise and a bunny can pick it up in it's mouth, I think it's a goer!

I made kasper this toy that kinda looks like a big candy! I took a paper towel roll filled it with some pellets and oats and then wrapped it in a papper bag the i had cut so itr layed open he loves chewing on it and trowing in it and getting the treats out!!

He also loves any paper bag empty or full
Boxs
Babie toys
ect..!

Back