• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you think about this ebay hutch ?

It might be worth going through the seller's feedback to see what auction price they are going for if you decide to get one (and aren't in a hurry). I'm sure about a month ago (I considered buying one) they were going for about £90 on average, you might get lucky with an auction, if they are still auctioning them.

I was intending to buy one for house rabbits for playtime and extend the run. If I was buying accomodation for an outdoor rabbit it wouldn't be my first choice, I'd go for a 6ft traditional-style hutch and run as I agree with the above post, the hutch area is too small.

They are selling these in Jolleys for £89.00:D
IMO i don,t think it is big enough just on its own.I have one that is attached to a shed and my OH then extended the run by a further 4ft.

I don't think it is big enough. If I remember corectly, I think it is just under 6ft the whole way across?

Jack x

Deffinitely not, i wouldn't even put chicken in there.
The hutch area is under RSPCA requirements.
If the hutch were a foot or so longer, i'd say it'd be lovely, but it looks awfully small to me.

If the whole thing is used as a hutch and they have an attatched run I think they are ok, they would need to be in a sheltered area or in a garage or shed. However if this was all the space they have I think it is inadequate.

The 6 foot x 2 foot hutches with a run under offer better value in comparison, provided that they are reguarly wood treated, have decent hinges and bolts and ideally have the floor covered in lino.

Back