• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to bond properly?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlie is now about 7 months old, neutered and has had all his vacs and has a nice hutch. So I want to get a female to go with him, but I've never had rabbits before him, never mind bonding them. Just wondering how exactly to do it. Also, what age I should aim for?

Personally hun if you have a rescue near you i would ask them to find you a suitable friend for your bunny from the rescue as alot of rescues bond them for you, and ya other bunny would also be neutered/spayed :eek:):wave:

Personally hun if you have a rescue near you i would ask them to find you a suitable friend for your bunny from the rescue as alot of rescues bond them for you, and ya other bunny would also be neutered/spayed :eek:):wave:

I don't have one I can get to

I don't have one I can get to

Are you 100% sure about that? I thought exactly the same and I was in for a 40 mile round trip. Turned out there was a branch of PUP a mile away from me that I didn't even know about.

Any female you get needs to be spayed before you try to bond them, so if you bought one you'd have to keep her separate until you'd had her done. It might be less hassle going further afield to a rescue that can help you pair him up as there's always a chance you will get two that hate one another.

Are you 100% sure about that? I thought exactly the same and I was in for a 40 mile round trip. Turned out there was a branch of PUP a mile away from me that I didn't even know about.

Any female you get needs to be spayed before you try to bond them, so if you bought one you'd have to keep her separate until you'd had her done. It might be less hassle going further afield to a rescue that can help you pair him up as there's always a chance you will get two that hate one another.

I know, I'd obviously so much prefer a rescue but the only one i know is the RSPCA and that's in great ayton

Back