• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This weekend in Twickenham we are bonding

janice

Wise Old Thumper
A lovely large black bun with attitude called Belle and a much smaller up eared REW called Christopher.

Belle believes she is going to be the boss and will not tolerate any thoughts of being the underbun.

After a bit of chasing mainly by Belle in her pursuit of dominance we have Christopher in the litter quite happily nibbling on the hay and Belle at the other end happily stretched out ignoring her intended partner.

I am anticipating a little chasing overnight which hopefully will be less frequent by the morning.

Last night was quite a noisy night, Christopher spent lots of time running away from Belle and thumping his hind legs. Belle was trying to nip Christopher.

This morning there is less nipping. I have tried the apple sauce trick and Belle simply shook her head and knocked it off prior to eating it :roll:I have just tried again but putting christopher immediatly next to her and he tried to eat it prior to her running away. I have just spotted her next to him almost (but not quite) offering her nose to him to be groomed. I live in hope that as the day goes on she will be a little nicer to him ..........

I think we are making some progress Belle is still nipping Christopher at times but there are the odd occassion that Christopher is grooming Belles head, thanks to some apple sauce. Hopefully this will increase as the day goes on ..

im ok bonding other peoples its my own i get nervous with, we going to get piccies :D i need my bun soap fix :lol:

Me too!
I dropped him to Janice last night and made a quick getaway - didn't want to see anything! x

:lol::lol::lol:

It makes me on edge just reading about Janice's bonding exploits every week. :shock::shock::lol:

Hope Belle is being a good girl. :)

Erm...pssst...*whispers* has Christopher noticed that Belle is HUGE?!!! :shock:

I get a sneaky feeling that he has noticed. She is just like a larger person who feels the need to throw her weight around to get noticed :shock:

:shock::shock: OMG shes hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

im going to wait until beths a little bigger first, as shes teeny for a dutch her age at the mo

Last edited:
We had a much quieter night last night with just a couple of very short lived chasing episodes, so definately an improvement on last night. I am feeling very positive about these buns.

Back