• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At least the goats are warm.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well, this is how I've spent my evening, adapting some dog rugs to keep the goats warm overwinter!
DSC00114.jpg

Copper.

DSC00112.jpg

Walnut.

I had to lengthen the belly straps of 6 rugs tonight, but as it is supposed to get to -4 tonight, it had to be done.

Looks like the cats and dogs are comfy too!
DSC00102.jpg

DSC00098-1.jpg

DSC00099-1.jpg

ha ha is now a bad time to say you can get sugs that fit a shetland pony that would prob fit a goat :oops:
i will appologise now if you already thought of it or if they wont fit :oops:
isn't it funny the lengths we go tofor our creatures

excuse typing i have a dog who is trying o help me type

Aaaaaaw what fantastic pictures they've made me feel all warm inside. Love the goats, my SIL used to have Toggenburgs and she cut down horse rugs for hers over winter.

ha ha is now a bad time to say you can get sugs that fit a shetland pony that would prob fit a goat :oops:
i will appologise now if you already thought of it or if they wont fit :oops:
isn't it funny the lengths we go tofor our creatures

excuse typing i have a dog who is trying o help me type

Some of the goats are in foal rugs, but dog rugs only cost about a tenner a go and are a better fit around the neck- see I've done my research.:lol:

This is Conker in a foal rug,
DSC00113.jpg

and Jack, but he is huge.
DSC00111.jpg

Last edited:
The older goats ( well the ones who have been here longer) now know that rugs are good things and stand quite happily to get them put on. Pepper, who has arthritis, and Jack, who was badly starved when we got him and has never thrived, end up wearing rugs most of the winter, as will Copper and Violet now. The newbies are a bit nervous to begin with, but soon realise what a good idea they are. We've found goats are very intelligent, especially when it comes to their comforts. If a hay rack empties, you are soon told about it by a load of calling, especially Charlie, he may be a pygmy, but he makes the most noise.:D
Who says we're slaves to our animals, just off to feed the cats and dogs, Mike is doing rabbits, sheep, goats and horses.:roll: Birds are already in bed!
And for those who are worried, the rabbits and guinea pigs have heaters in their kennels.

The funniest thing was when we put some goats out for the first time ever with rugs on, the sheep, who had shared a field with them all summer, ran away. They didn't recognise them with rugs on.:lol:

The funniest thing was when we put some goats out for the first time ever with rugs on, the sheep, who had shared a field with them all summer, ran away. They didn't recognise them with rugs on.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:Awww bless.
Great piccies:love::love:

Back