• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel awful.. I killed a rabbit yesterday..

I was driving with a friend and a bunny ran just infront of the wheel of the car, and so the poor little mite went under the wheels of the car.. I feel really really bad, as it was a busy road, so we couldn't stop.. :cry: I'm so sorry little bunny, I hope you have a better life in the next one than you have in this.. :cry:

Would it be truely heinous of me to wish that the bunny had a quick death? :cry:

I was driving with a friend and a bunny ran just infront of the wheel of the car, and so the poor little mite went under the wheels of the car.. I feel really really bad, as it was a busy road, so we couldn't stop.. :cry: I'm so sorry little bunny, I hope you have a better life in the next one than you have in this.. :cry:

Would it be truely heinous of me to wish that the bunny had a quick death? :cry:

aww hun im so sorry, that is my worst nightmare. When my o/h is driving i have to ''bunny spot'' (we live near fields ect) and i call out every bun i can see on the grass side of the rd.

you have nothing to feel bad about hun. its a shame that these things happen, but they do.

Sweet dreams little one. xxx

It's not bad of you in any way to wish it had a quick death, and I don't think you should be hard on yourself for it. It's one of those things... You certainly did not deliberately intend to hurt or kill the bunny. It was purely accidental, some very back luck on the bunny's behald, and you hoping that it's end was quick just shows that you're a good person! ^^ There are hundreds and hundreds of people out there who wouldn't think twice about an incident like that - so the fact you feel bad, as horrible as it must be, just shows you're a kind individual.

Aww so sorry hun, my mum hit a bird once and felt really bad and my dad kept making jokes :evil:

Once we were driving down to Devon and saw a mummy bun with her 4 babies by the side of the road waiting to cross :shock: I couldn't help but wonder if they made it...

Awww accidents happen hun. A squirrel ran infront of my partner before and straight under the car , it was lay in the middle of the road and as my partner had managed to slow right down it didnt die on impact and was twitching in the middle of the road. :cry: I panicked and didnt know what to do so I shouted at him to let me get out so he could go and (theres no nice wa to put this) make sure he didnt suffer anymore. I stood on the path crying :oops:. I didnt know if it was the right thing to do but I had to make sure he wasnt in pain and waiting for the rspca would have prolonged its suffering. I still feel bad and I didnt even hit it:cry:.

sadly these things happen poor bun but at least hopefully it was an instnat death. i have been lucky enough to not have hit any animal with my car but with the trains i drive we sadly occasionally hit pigeons which are the only birds that sem to fly right at you when doing 100mph and blowing the horn just confuses them more.:( unfortunatly its something that happens :( rip bunny x

Hopefully the rabbit didn't know what hit it. Try not to feel too bad as it was one of those horrible, unaviodable accidents and the rabbit was a victim of natural selection rather than a deliberate act. Being small, it's often pretty instant if they get hit or the wheels miss them altogether and they get away unscathed.

Oh, this is one of my nightmares ! When I see rabbits along the side of the road, on the verges I go so slowly and make sure that Dh does too. The thing is, usually rabbits are very traffic-wise as they never hurl themselves towards cars, so i reckon I'd go with what the poster above said and expect ti was ill in some way already.

Back