• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank has just nearly given me a coronary!

TermiteFrank

Wise Old Thumper
I've just aged about 10 years. I was late home so let Dulcie and Frank out in the dark while I got their food. Fed them and tucked them up for the night with their spring greens and rocket. Double checked their doors and they were shut. Took Libby out, no problem. Took Flynn out and on the way back through the double gates that lead into the backs then to my back yard, I have a very alert and interested Tibetan Mastiff doing his dancing bear act. I can't see anything as it's quite dark, then I see a little white flash and a distinctive and all to familiar little grey shape bobbing away from us. I look in the yard and Frank's kennel door is open just enough for a bunny to squeeze through.

OH MY GOD - FRANK HAD ESCAPED!

I'd obviously not checked the door properly and there was nobody with the ability to get into the yard to let him loose. I took Flynn in the house and grabbed my torch and some parsley, which was the only thing I could think of. I switched the torch on and he was happily as Larry playing about in the backs. He thought it was great and hopped over to me, sniffed the parsley, then binkied over to the double gates which he could have easily slipped through the bars of. My heart was in my mouth! I'm kneeling there on the floor, calling his name and holding out a sprig of parsley like a nutter, praying none of the neighbours come out and frighten him. He came binkying back, sniffed the parsley and hopped nonchalantly past me back in to the yard.

I've never been so relieved in my life, but I tell you what, I've been in the house and rooted two padlocks out. It must have been an error on my part rather than anybody else, but at least if I have to padlock them in, I'll have to check the doors properly to do it.

Right - I'm going to the shop as I need a bottle of wine to calm my shredded nerves. All I can think is if Flynn hadn't been so alert and seen him, I'd have shut the gate and wouldn't have known till the morning. I'd have more than likely never seen Frank again.

OMG! How lucky is that! Naughty Frank! I've got a soft spot for Frank aswell! Frank's little adventure! Enjoy your wine!

I know how you feel. Yesterday Treacle flat bellied under a fence I put across to stop them escaping, I didn't realise she was missing until I heard scratching coming from behind the shed. Fortunately she came out after I had called her a few times and I blocked the gap.

Buns :roll:

Rabswood

Back