• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Xmas bunny accommodation?!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I have decided to take my bunnys on a little Christmas holiday to see my parents. I've been looking up indoor bunny cages is there a bigger and better one than the Ferplast 140? They would have to stay in it Christmas day, night and most of Boxing Day, as there's no way mum would allow them free range coz their litter habits are atrocious :roll: They are £99 on Zooplus so if anyone knows where I could get a cheaper one or something different that's better please could you let me know ta.

How about a large folable dog crate? I have a 48" one and it's huge! only cost me £54 i think as well

The Ferplast 140 is 140cm x 71cm x 48cm which is 55"x28"x19" so it's pretty large length ways. Is the dog crate 48" in all three dimensions that would be good coz I could add a shelf as well. It's certainly much cheaper thanks :D!

Edit sorry just checked it out got the dimensions now ;)

i agree on the 48" dog crate :D plus you can put a little stool or something in to give them a 2nd layer as it is nice and tall allowing them to stretch up, i had a cat scratching post with a little hidey area in when mine were in a crate :D you can get them on ebay for about £45 :D

Fantastic, thanks guys! I think that will do nicely, I'm off to make a puchase with my trusty plastic friend :D

i have two pens from pets at home connected together.. they are not very high so i cover it with netting from hombase garden centre.. no escapes yet :) i have also built a tiny part with a roof from the NIC panels so that i can have the cat basket in... my cage can be as big or as small as space allows too

you can get taller puppy pens tho....

we travelled with a 42" crate and it was so heavy to carry and took up most of the boot a 48" would be a complete nightmare

the cage
P8020031.jpg

i got a dog crate which i take to mums with me when we visit adn they have the conservatory to run around in and the dog crate as their base.. was only £15 on ebay!!! :)

thanks for the pic Donna it's strange seeing their home from the oposite angle :D I love seeing other peoples set ups! Your bunnies are spotless compared to mine!

Back