• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Food plz help!

Pip Squeak

New Kit
What sort of things can Rabbits eat because I am going to get my first rabbit soon and i want to give them all i can but I only want it to be healthy for my new pet! plz help!:)

-Pip Squeak

Hi, they can eat hay, veggies- lettuce, carrots, cabbage, loads more but that all mine will eat. Fruit- apples, some others Im sure. Mine also like a bit of toast in the morning lol

Their diet is supposed to be 80% hay, you have to give it to them every day. I also feed my rabbits pellets not that musili stuff.

Yes I should of said that. I give my rabbits roundhead lettuce, the leaves are softer and smooth, not like Iceberg which could choke the bun.

Yes I should of said that. I give my rabbits roundhead lettuce, the leaves are softer and smooth, not like Iceberg which could choke the bun.

I wouldn't feed lettuce at all. It's not that they might choke but that it's bad for them due to their make up. Some folks do feed romaine.

All your bunnies will need is a big old pile of very good quality hay (fresh, green, sweet smelling, and dust free) every day, a very small amount of a good quality pellet say an egg cup full per day. You can choose from Science Selective, Allen and Page Natural Rabbit, Excel, or Oxbow Bunny Basics. Don't be tempted to feed a museli mix as this encourages selective feeding and can include some undesirable and unnecessary ingredients. You can also feed a small handful of veg per day. White cabbage, greens, celery are all good but don't feed too many naturally sweet things like apples or carrots as they should be considered a treat.

If you want to treat your bun, I'd give herbs like parsley, coriander, basil - you don't need to buy the shop bought manufactured treats as quite a few of these have stuff in them that just isn't good for buns.

Helen:D

Back