• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A New Bunny person's and A very Merry Xmas

Rayrosher

New Kit
Hi all
As I work quite long hours, And am the only computer Savvy person @ home It's left up to me to post to the forums,
We have the following
6 Guinea pigs Molly,Betty,Chloe,Lucy,Elsie, And Hanna, ranging from 5 to 1 year old,
5 Rats Ant,Dec,Stewart,Flash,and Smudge, 2 years old to 8 months,
1 Goldfish 11 years old Called Bob.
and
1 adopted Wabbit, approx 1 year old called, Snowy
As Snowy is a Pets@home rescue, he was in the adoption part for about 4 to 5 weeks, Rosie my other half felt sorry for him,
So now we have a Rabbit, Were Rosie is concerned the word soft-touch comes to mind,
Anyway as we know most of the staff at Glasgow forge P@H getting Snowy was, Do you have a cage, and sign here,
we realized very quickly Ie after 30 seconds of putting him in the cage that we needed to sort out a new cage for him as he is a house rabbit and very litter trained, not a single poop or pee any were other than his litter tray,
by the way the cage we had was a Rabbit 120 which we used to have 2 guinea pigs in and it was to small for them,

Anyway one visit to P@H later and the idea of a dog crate @ £70 was out of the question,
a quick visit to Ebay and problem solved! Exactly the same crate with some free gifts for £23 plus £10 postage, the freebies included bolt on feed bowl £5, Vet bedding £10, and and Doggie blanket £5, Same lot out of P@H About £90
1 happy and settled bunny later,
A couple of things before we go an further
He as had his yearly jabs,
He as had his 21 day quranteen,
He as meet a couple of the guinea pigs! under very close supervision and NO! he will never be allowed near them unsupervised,
He is also due to go in for his neuter in a few weeks, Laurie vet in Cumbernauld, proffessor Laurie himself will be doing the neuter,

I know that this post must seem like a punisment if you have managed to read this far! Well Done.
As I'm not familuar with this Forum, I hope I posted the links right and don't make the pictures to big, Sorry their pictures are a bit poo I toke them on my iphone

My photobucket account is
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Rayrosher/
In-case you want to checkout my other and past animals

First day Home

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Found a nice spot just out of arms reach.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

My new Home, When they can get me to go into it!

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

And Finaly Merry Christmas.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Last edited:
Well I think you are great bunny parents! You have got your bun everything he could dream of!

He is really handsome:D:love:

Jack:)

awww....he is lovely, you have some amount of pets there!!

Ive seen Alistair Laurie at the vet school in glasgow before with kermit, i took him there when i got referred by my vet with kermits head tilt...he seems to know about buns anyways!

Welcome to the forum!

awww....he is lovely, you have some amount of pets there!!

Ive seen Alistair Laurie at the vet school in glasgow before with kermit, i took him there when i got referred by my vet with kermits head tilt...he seems to know about buns anyways!

Welcome to the forum!

Yep Alistar is one of the few vets that specilize in Rabbits, Guinea pigs and Rats, in fact all of the vets that work for him in the cumbernauld pratice are very good with regards to these smaller pets,
the only other vet i would truist is far to far away in Edinburgh,
However I do hear that thier is a very good Vet called Madonna McGuire out at Coatbridge who is supposed to be very good. i may have to find her address one day....

Yep Alistar is one of the few vets that specilize in Rabbits, Guinea pigs and Rats, in fact all of the vets that work for him in the cumbernauld pratice are very good with regards to these smaller pets,
the only other vet i would truist is far to far away in Edinburgh,
However I do hear that thier is a very good Vet called Madonna McGuire out at Coatbridge who is supposed to be very good. i may have to find her address one day....

Im in hamilton, i take my kermit up to avondale vets in strathaven, they have been great with his head tilt treatment.

Im in hamilton, i take my kermit up to avondale vets in strathaven, they have been great with his head tilt treatment.

The problem for us was that when we started with Guinea Pigs about 8 years ago their was hardly anyone that even had a clue about Guineas and rats and how to treat them,
I phoned up 150 Yes 150 vets in the Glasgow area and could find none that were speclized in treating Guinea pigs,
we actually had to go to a friends vet in Tranent near Edinburgh, to find someone who knew what they were doing,
all vets will say that they can treat small animals
however hear is the differance cats and dogs are classed as small animals cows and horses are classed as large animals
Guinea pigs Rats and Rabbits are classed as Exotics

I love the piccies of him in the santa hat!!:lol::lol::lol: he looks like he couldn't want for anything!

He dosent and He's got a temper,
we put a new bed on the floor for him were he normally sleeps,
he threw a right strop stamping his feet! And boy does the thump go through the floor, to throwing the bed upside down and ignoring it,
he also like attacking Rosie's handbag if she's daft enough to leave it on the floor.

I think i read a book once possibly the Monty python book of Rabbit keeping,
where a handbag is the only enemy of a Rabbit in the wild, The rabbit must attack the handbag straps disabling the handbag then attack the handbag zipper spilling out the contents, at this point i think the handbag surrenders and limps away to repair itself,
Their was another section about killer rabbits suits of armour, but I never got that far.....

Back