• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Ok so...i have Bobby and missy as my only outdoor rabbits. They are currently in a Thistle hall with access to a section of the patio when i am in to keep an eye on them, in the morning before i go to work and when i get home. The thing is, im soooo coonfused as to what i should get instead of the thistle hall in terms of better living conditions. It was a kind of rush buy as i took Bobby in as a rescue and needed something quick. Since then though, he has bonded with missy and as much as i know they love their home, I would love to give them something bigger. I can't have a shed cos my garden's very awkward and it would be impossible. As well, my hutch is in a sheltered part of the patio to keep most of the wind/rain out but that also means that I can't really have anything deeper than 2 ft. That's why i can't get one with an attached run - cos im struggling with the depth. if they don't get out during the day cos of weather etc, they come into the house for a few hours and they like that.

Please please please can someone give me a link to a hutch which would be a nice upgrade for them. There are soooo many and people have so many different opinions as to what is suitable and what isn't. My rabbits are spoiled rotton and fantastically cared for - they want for absolutely nothing, but it is the one area i am worried about. Suggestions extremely welcome!!!!!

Lisa

If you're worried about the depth, would it be possible to get one where the run attaches to the side?

My nethies are down the side of the house, I have one of these:

http://www.rehutches.com/imagepages/doublehutch04.htm

I asked them to make me additional doors at either end of the run (cost £10 extra each) and I have attached an 8*3 run on to the side instead of the front :) Even if you could only attach a run that is 2ft deep, you may be able to get it long enough for it to be a good amount of extra space.

If you're worried about the depth, would it be possible to get one where the run attaches to the side?

My nethies are down the side of the house, I have one of these:

http://www.rehutches.com/imagepages/doublehutch04.htm

I asked them to make me additional doors at either end of the run (cost £10 extra each) and I have attached an 8*3 run on to the side instead of the front :) Even if you could only attach a run that is 2ft deep, you may be able to get it long enough for it to be a good amount of extra space.

That's a fab idea! How much did you pay for yours?

Think I paid about £300 in the end. If your bunnies are anything bigger than nethies you will need to ask them to make each storey extra height though as their standard ones aren't 2ft tall...if you're asking them to do that, I'd also suggest asking them to make the ramps longer, as from what I've seen they seem to use the same ramp if they've made the hutches taller, but it makes the ramps too steep. These really are superb quality hutches though, I'd really recommend them if you can stretch to it - full range is here and they are very happy to make any custom tweaks on size/design etc that you would like, for a very reasonable amount extra: http://www.rehutches.com/hutches01.htm

Think I paid about £300 in the end. If your bunnies are anything bigger than nethies you will need to ask them to make each storey extra height though as their standard ones aren't 2ft tall...if you're asking them to do that, I'd also suggest asking them to make the ramps longer, as from what I've seen they seem to use the same ramp if they've made the hutches taller, but it makes the ramps too steep. These really are superb quality hutches though, I'd really recommend them if you can stretch to it - full range is here and they are very happy to make any custom tweaks on size/design etc that you would like, for a very reasonable amount extra: http://www.rehutches.com/hutches01.htm

Thanks so much. Ill give them a bell over the weekend and speak to someone. Thanks!!! :love:

My big hutch is similar to that one. I have just made a pen 8x3 at the side of the garden and put the hutches into it. My rabbits can be out all day in this and be safe. You do have to make sure the fence is high enough so they cant jump over. And just added a gate so easy access.

My big hutch is similar to that one. I have just made a pen 8x3 at the side of the garden and put the hutches into it. My rabbits can be out all day in this and be safe. You do have to make sure the fence is high enough so they cant jump over. And just added a gate so easy access.

Beacuse i work full time though and live quite close to 'nature' id feel nervous about leaving them out all day without me there anyway though :roll:

Back