• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Hazel-Rah, My special bun x U/D pg 2

Lillian

Warren Veteran
In March 2007 i walked into a petshop and the second my eyes fell upon little nethie Hazel, i loved him and knew i couldn't walk away and live my life without him :love: Something told me he was one of those bunnies, the once in a life time bunnies, and he certainly is!

He is a funny little character, always up to no good but such an innocent little face.. he's always forgiven - even for escaping and producing 10 babies with Roo and Winnie :shock: My mum calls him "a little devil" :lol: but he's my angel!

Of all the songs i've heard this one instantly makes me think of my Hazel-Rah

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f5pQlVRypNo

"In your eyes I see forever
Makes me wish that my life never knew
The day before you

Oh, but Heaven knows those years without you
Were shaping my heart for the that day I found you
If you're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you"

Picture012.jpg

ha-elrahaussie003.jpg

hhhaael.jpg

ha4scarp.jpg

Hazzybum.jpg

nuhaz2.jpg

On tuesday Hazel got head tilt, i was so scared for him.
I once wrote
"When hazel eyes close pale and weak
My heart cries out, yet I cannot speak
No words can form with tongue or mouth
When hazel eyes are ill in health"

And he certainly proved this right, i was nearly in tears just thinking i could lose my little boy. He is able to sit, and stand up on his own and despite the fact he now walks round in big circles, he is doing ok. He seemed rather down on tuesday but today his personality is starting to show again :)

a-harah001.jpg

a-harah002.jpg

a-harah010.jpg

a-harah011.jpg

a-harah012.jpg

So..to my special little Hazel-Rah.. You are doing great already, you're so strong and brave and though the world is a little confusing to you at the moment, i will always be there to help you up when you fall. I love you with all my heart and i always will. So hurry up and get better :D :love::love:

Last edited:
Hazel looks so so funny in that little hat with corks ! Hope Hazel feels better soon and then you can stop worrying. :)

Thats really good news that he is coping with the head tilt.

At least he is standing up and walking in a circle, took my boy about 6 weeks to walk in a circle!!! So this might be a good sign for total improvement, fingers crossed!

Im chuffed for you both and hope he continues to get better

kirsty & kermit xx

Thank you everyone :) He's having abit of a down day :( think hes just fed up, poor little man. But he's had his medicine and is resting.

After getting better the last few days Hazel looked worse this afternoon, barely holding his head up and he was so cold :( I brought him indoors to see my mum and she said we better keep him indoors for a few days because the cold is making him worse. I gave him his medicine, now hes hopping around my room :) I think he needed company to keep him going as he hasn't seen the other rabbits since he became ill.

Here's Hazel settling in..

"So these are called chinchillas? I don't remember them..."
ahaysal003.jpg

"Yeah i'll help you tidy in a minute mum, after i've investigated this bag of rat food"
ahaysal004.jpg

"Is this my new home?"
ahaysal005.jpg

ahaysal006.jpg

ahaysal013.jpg

"Ok I approve"
ahaysal011.jpg

ahaysal014.jpg

I know it's only small but he's only locked in it at night, hes with me all day :love: I am somebody who likes things to be tidy and i like some space or i feel trapped.. but this it what my room looks like today :shock:
ahaysal001.jpg

What a state! I usually can't sleep when things are all messy :shock: Its like living in a petshop :roll:

I hope Hazel gets better soon. Lots of nose rubs and healing vibes coming his way. He is gorgeous little bunny.

He looks very inquisitive in there!! Glad he is still fighting.

My boy used to stay in the conservatory before he got head tilt, i moved him into the living room when he got ill so i could watch him, 6 months later he is still in here!

His had tilt doesnt look as bad as kermits, my boys two ears almost stick out to the side at times!! About 45degrees tilt! He looks to be coping well, i hope he gets through it, he does seem like a wee fighter.

Vibes for your wee hazel xx

:wave::) Thank you! Hazel has been loose all day but he's just been sitting under my bed. He seems alright, he's back at the vets in a few days. But i dont know whether his treatment has helped him.. when he first became ill he was just really quiet and laying in his hutch, i picked him up and his head went side ways, so i put him on the floor but he wouldn't move. I took him straight to the vets, since then his head tilt has become obvious even when hes laying down, but hes more active now.. so does that means hes getting better? :?

Back