• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i get Kermit neutered then a girlfriend?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Help and opinions would be good.

Now that he is getting on a bit better, should i get my boy neutered with the view to getting him a rescue girlfriend? Im just worried incase the op is too much to cope with as he has head tilt? Any advice / opinions would be great!

Im also worried that as he still rolls a bit, he could roll and hurt his new bunster woman. Would a female bunster mind that he has a head tilt? (i know thats a very vain question)

Im thinking about this every day now.....should i, shouldnt i.....help.

As to whether he would cope with the op i would speak with your vet about it. and a girlie bun wont mind if he has head tilit :D

Is the head tilt caused by EC? Has he had a course of panacur? Neutering can temporarily compromise a bun's immune system, which can make the EC take hold, but if he is now healthy & been panacured, I would discuss it with your vet:D

Was planning on a chat with the vet, just asked here for others opinions first, thanks.

Yes, he has had 6weeks panacur when it happened 6months ago, then 9days two weeks ago.

I wouldnt put him through it if he would be too high a risk.....i do think he would like a wife though, then ne would neglect me :(

I had a recent chat with my vet about neutering a head tilt bunny. She did say they are at a greater risk during a GA because of their neurological problems. And you can never predict how a GA will affect them.

I have been advised to observe the bunny for a number of months to determine whether the head tilt has stabalised or is deteriorating and to make sure they are fully upto date with their panacur. Then we are going to discuss it again :D

As far as how a girl bunny would react to him, I think they would be fine about it, although I would go for a laid back quiet girl as a really boisterous bunny could knock Kermit over

I had a recent chat with my vet about neutering a head tilt bunny. She did say they are at a greater risk during a GA because of their neurological problems. And you can never predict how a GA will affect them.

I have been advised to observe the bunny for a number of months to determine whether the head tilt has stabalised or is deteriorating and to make sure they are fully upto date with their panacur. Then we are going to discuss it again :D

As far as how a girl bunny would react to him, I think they would be fine about it, although I would go for a laid back quiet girl as a really boisterous bunny could knock Kermit over

Thanks for that....he has had it for 6 months, i might leave him a few more months to see how he is coming along then make the decision after christmas, then by the time he gets done and recovered, get him an unwanted easter bunny friend :)
Ive got a wee pic of kermit walking up to a bunny girl and her just knocking him over - shouldnt laugh, but its a funny vision!

Back