• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i swear she hate me...

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:cry:
Ever since pebble has been out site as soon as i open the hutch she lunges and bites me, she wouldnt let go this morning and drew blood. I dont get it. I thought her spay would calm her down?? She hates me, she just bites me!! What can i do. This is the third day in a row that she has had me in tears cause of her biteing me and drawing blood!

She hates me! :cry::cry:

Was she speyed recently? It does take a while for the hormones that cause buns to be territorial to calm down, and some rabbits remain territorial even after a spay. It's instinct for them to protect their home - she doesn't hate you at all. Are you putting your hands in her hutch? I'd wait until she comes over to you, rather than putting your hands near her when she's in the hutch, so she doesn't have the opportunity to bite you. Fidget has always been territorial, but she's fine as long as she comes to me rather than me sticking my hand in her space. I'm sure Pebble loves you, she's just being a rabbit.

I takes roughly 2 weeks for a rabbit to calm down but Ghostie is still as bad as what she was before (bossy boots)
I'd say she just prefers being inside and therefore she's in a grump?

Aww, don't worry! D: It can be really upsetting when they hurt you... But it really is meant to take weeks for hormones to settle. And if she's been moved back outside recently, she might be feeling a little unsettled and defending what is now hers. She might just be a bit on the defensive until she settles back into the outside routine, and be more prone to lash out at what she sees as an invasion of her new territory?

I takes roughly 2 weeks for a rabbit to calm down but Ghostie is still as bad as what she was before (bossy boots)
I'd say she just prefers being inside and therefore she's in a grump?

she was spayed on the 27th of october. :)

She does prefer it indoors, you can just tell by the way she acts when indoors.

*sighs* Shes is in a super grumy, and is takeing it out on me:(

It can take up to 8 weeks for their hormones to calm down. Also how do you react when she lunges? If you move away fast (which is natural) it can just scare or re-enforce her behaviour. Wear oven gloves - if she can't hurt you, you can completely ignore her behaviour.

Have you ever punished her with your hands? She needs to see hands as good things, so just treats & noserubs, & nothing negative:D

hey mai don't be worrying petal has been like that with me. she really had a go at me the other week and left a massive bruise and i had to litterly push her off my arm. she hasn't done it since so i'm hoping she's calming down. keep your chin up she's just going through a wee change, she still loves you.

It can take up to 8 weeks for their hormones to calm down. Also how do you react when she lunges? If you move away fast (which is natural) it can just scare or re-enforce her behaviour. Wear oven gloves - if she can't hurt you, you can completely ignore her behaviour.

Have you ever punished her with your hands? She needs to see hands as good things, so just treats & noserubs, & nothing negative:D

no i havent pushed her at all :( I wouldnt do that.
I dont pull away, cause thats gets no where, i just take it/ignore it. It helped before when i first got her and she was vicios (sp) x

:wave: Hi Mai, Poppy always lunges at me and grunts:roll: and tries to bite me, when i put my hand into her cage.Outside of it shes fine, noserubs etc and wants to play with you.I think its pretty normal hun, your a fab bunny mom.;) Debx

aww hun d.w i remember bring in tears ovcer gumps but then someone reminded me that he did just have his plums taken away from him lol so just remember shes had someone meddle with her inside so is probable feelin a bit overprotective of herself x

Back