• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

messed about by a teenager!!

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Before I start

1) I have checked with the majority of rescues in my area, who have no suitable neutered males, they are either not / recently neutered, or too old, or aggressive.

2) I know not all teenagers are like this.

I emails someone from freeads in response to their free to good home male bun.

Anyway as he wasn't neutered I said I would come back to her just after Christmas (as that is when Sophie is due for her neuter) and check if she still has him, but not to keep him for me, if another home came up.

Anyway, me being my impatient self, and after doing one on the notes above!, I contacted her again, to see if he was still available, with the view to share Sophies space, whilst ops are waiting to be done etc. Anyway she said noone interested and would I like to visit.

Arranged a time with her, with her in the knowledge that although I wouldn't take him tonight, I would take him, due to Sophs being so lonely. She said it was good that I didn't want to take him as he had a scratch on his ear, and she wouldn't want him to go when he was ill.

Whilst at work (I can't get hotmail at work) she sent an email

hi louise,
i have some bad news, unfortunatly the bunny has taken a turn for the worse, i can only suspect the dry patch on his ear is more serious than first thought,he has become quite lethargic (basically not himself) i am taking him to the vets today i will let you know the outcome later on today but as he is not well i am going to put him on hold for now, as i do not think it is fair giving away a sick bunny.
Sorry for late notice.
steph

Now I didn't get the email and turned up as planned, only she was not there :evil: Met her mum and sister and it turns out that someone had come to see him this morning and taken him home with them.

I am so fuming, as I went 1.30 mins out of my way for nothing, when I could have spent that time with my own buns, instead of running around after her, whilst she is out with her chums!

grrrrr Some people!!

That is very rude and she shouldn't have done that and should be mature, but please don't tar all teenagers with the same brush.

:censored: No wonder your mad!! I would be too. Why didnt she just say in the email he had been rehomed :? Silly girl. Good luck in finding another bunny though :) xXx

That is very rude and she shouldn't have done that and should be mature, but please don't tar all teenagers with the same brush.

I did say at the top I know all teens are not like this. :D I work with 16-19 yr olds every day, and know you get your responsible ones and the not so responsible ones!

Most of the rescues in my area seem to be full of female rabbits also. Not sure why there are fewer males about :?

1) I have checked with the majority of rescues in my area, who have no suitable neutered males, they are either not / recently neutered, or too old, or aggressive.

Is Preston too far for you to travel too? At RSPCA preston we've got LOADS of males (or at least there was last weekend)! Have a look on Rabbit Rehome clicky here for all our rabbits! or give them a call for the latest buns.

Oh dear, why lie like that, i think that's disgusting and i'm 16.
Have you tried any bunnies on here?
A bunny run could be done if you really can't travel that far, also Trains allow animals, i've taken both Toffee and Ghostie on trains.

Oh dear, why lie like that, i think that's disgusting and i'm 16.
Have you tried any bunnies on here?
A bunny run could be done if you really can't travel that far, also Trains allow animals, i've taken both Toffee and Ghostie on trains.

Star used to go on the train to Liverpool with me :love:
She would get out the carrier and curl up on my lap/on a towel on next seat if it was free :love:

Back