• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They don't seem to like me anymore...

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Well, Drake and Josh used to be really affectionate, like waiting for nose rubs etc. But now they seem not to like me? when I go to stroke them, or give them a nice nose rub, they go away!

It really upsets me, because is it something I am doing wrong? :cry:

Jack

pebble hates me now shes back out! she bit me twice this morning. Proper went for me :cry: growlign an all! she hasnt done that for ages!

Aww Jack :( Maybe its because they have so much freedom now? :) Though you think they'd love you more for getting them that nice house to live in :lol:

Do they let you pick them up?? I know since Lottie and George have had their big run attached they dont like being picked up as much as they did before :( They'd rather be running round like mad!

xXx

Aww Jack :( Maybe its because they have so much freedom now? :) Though you think they'd love you more for getting them that nice house to live in :lol:

Do they let you pick them up?? I know since Lottie and George have had their big run attached they dont like being picked up as much as they did before :( They'd rather be running round like mad!

xXx

Thanks Mai:D

Nope, they won't let me pick them up either :(
Thye love their new house, Thanks:D Maybe they love that more??:lol:

Jack

teegs and duchess did that when they moved into the rabbit room before they were in my room and so snuggly moved them into the room and they couldnt care less about me :roll: then just before i got jessi teegs went really affectionate again running into my room whenever he could to come for a snuggle and jump on my bed first thing in the morning and lay on my lap now he has his wifey bun he couldnt give two hoots about me :cry: :roll:

Smokey and Fudge are like that with me since they moved into their dog kennel/run.They have each other and lots of space so thats me out of the picture unless i am bringing food:roll::roll::lol::lol:

Count yourself lucky. I was cleaning the litter trays out and giving them fresh hay this afternoon and I lost count of the amount of times I nearly stood on or tripped over both Frank and Dulcie.

I'm petrified that one day they'll not get out of the way fast enough and I'll stand on one of them good and proper and squish them flat.

Alfie used to be a big softie but over the last couple of weeks he has been lurking down in the run if I go out to see them. Bubbles used to hide from me and now she is the one that comes to greet me. :?

I think it's down to the space they have and also that they now have each other. When they're free range in the garden, things are completely different though and Alfie is always udnerfoot & will happily plonk his bum down next to me & let me rub his nose, so I just make sure I get my fix of my bunny loving that way. :lol::lol:

Jack have you tried to just sit in their run and let them come to you rather than the other way around?. We've not had a problem picking Drake or Josh up here and please dont take this the wrong way but next time you are here I will happily show you how to be picking them up when needed, as I've noticed you are a little apprehensive at times and tend to try and get them too far back (nearer their back end rather than their front) which makes them panic and try to scrabble away a little. We'll show you a safe and secure way to pick them up and make them feel secure and hopefully they will still let their dad give them a cuddle:D

Back