• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

preventing bladder crystals

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I'm paranoid about my buns (especially Phoebe) getting bladder sludge.Is there any supplements i can give them to help prevent it? I am already careful about how much calcium-rich veg i give them (they both love kale but i ration it!) So i was just wondering if there is anything else i could be doing to prevent this nastiness?

A good water intake
Lots of exercise
Not letting Bun become overweight
Moderate foodstuffs known to be very high in calcium

:)

Blue had this a little while ago......Vet said to filter his water and put him on a diet
I've also cut down on high calcium veg and food.

Which are the high calcium foods. I just lost a bun to Rainbow bridge cos of crystals and never want it to happen again, I miss her so much, how can I prevent it?

Parsley tea is good for the human urinary tract and will get rid off kidney stones within a 'week'. It helped a mate of mine on rat poison (Warfarin I think) which were affecting his kidneys. So it might be useful in getting rid of the sludge.

I would recommend adding a fresh leave of parsley anyway to the daily feed.

i thought parsley had a high calcium gawd its so confusing

ah looked at the list it does, so how can parsely water help rid calcium stones:?

Last edited:
i thought parsley had a high calcium gawd its so confusing

ah looked at the list it does, so how can parsely water help rid calcium stones:?
A compound called apiol in parsley help with the getting rid of stones. Parsley in general help to flush out waste products.

Back