• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mucus advice please Update

Lissa Lou

Alpha Buck
Hi,
I went to feed Boo today and she hase a mucus type muck on her heat bag, it looks like bile/sick. I thought I had read that rabbits can't be sick? I took her to the vets on Sunday as she was squeaking when I storked down her body towards her tail, the vet gave her a jab and said she was tender in her abdomen but if she improved over the next 24 hours he didn't need to see her again.

On Monday she was find and seemed to be back to her normal self. She still seams ok in herself today but she has this mucus on her wheat bag. Has anyone had this before or do they have any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited:
she doesnt seem that interested in her excell but did eat her treat bar I put in yesterday and scoffed the basil I gave her this morning. I know she has been weeing but I can't honestly say I checked for poos thismorning, I didn't think to:oops:

well is she eating plenty of hay anyway? it's maybe been just what she's ate, keep a close eye on her and check for poops, might be worthwhile phoning the vets. hopefully someone will come along with experience of this. you could do a search in health section to see if anyone posted similiar probs.

she isn't speyed yet. My manager isnt in today for me to ask if I can have a half day to get her sorted, I am in floods of tears now and feel like such a bad bunny mummy. I dont know what to do, I work 40 minutes away from home so cant even check on her in my lunch :cry::cry:

She does need to get to a vet..production of mucus is a sign something is not right with her gut..and as you probably know this isn't good for bunnies

Let us know how you get on ..will keep fingers crossed x

Please don't be upset, it isn't your fault. She's already seen a vet, and you have followed his advice. Your not a bad mum, your have noticed something is wrong and your going to do something about it.
Hope she is OK.

is there noone else in on second command that you could ask? thats the same as me i work so far away from home. well phone the vet first and get speaking to them and see what they say. hope you get everything sorted.

I am just waiting to see if our accounts lady will come in today, she is also one of the directors, I will ask her if I can pop out to phone the vets. I had to have a half day at short notice to go to a funeral on Monday so feel like they will get funny with me if I ask for time off again

I have phoned the vet and he wants to see her, I have an appointment at 4.30. Just trying to get hold of my manager to get the ok from him

Vet gave her some jabs as she was in discomfort, we have massive ammounts of poo today and she is much better

Back