• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ollie is very poorly / he didnt make it

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Ollie is a little nethie who came into rescue 15 months ago, in a terribly neglected state, he is a regular dental bunny and is also very old, last night ollie took a turn for the worst and had collapsed, he also became very dehydrated in a short space of time and i really thought I was going to lose him:cry::cry::cry:I rang the emergency vets that i normally use and they said to take him down and they would put him to sleep:cry::cry: so i managed to find a different emergency vet and she was absolutely fantastic:love::love: and said she would do all she could to help him, she rang me every couple of hours through the night with an update:shock: and he,s still hanging on in there, he,s bright but very quiet this morning and has eaten a little over night:D:D:D:D
please spare a thought for a very special little boy who has been through so much and fought so hard to get better :cry::cry::cry:to lose him now would be so unfair:cry:

Last edited:
Sending big vibes to this special little boy. I hope he pulls through and can get on with trying to enjoy the pleasure of just being a loved bun. (((VIBES))) :love:

The vets have called to say ollie is ready to come home, they are sending him home with treatment but have said ollie looks like he has liver disease and they said to prepare myself that he wont be with me very long:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: all i can do is make him comfortable for the time we have left together:cry::cry::cry::cry:

im sorry you dont have long left together... the one plus side, you can treasure every moment knowing it could be your last. sending lots of vibes for happy and painfree memories you both make for as long is left xxxxxx

Having just gone through losing a rescue bun, after only having her for 4 months, I know how hard it is.
All I can say is take comfort in the fact that you have done all you can and at least his last days will be with him being loved and pain free. This is so much more than he would have had in his previous home.

Back