• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this usual...?

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Biscuit is a helecopter lop. Her right ear sticks right up in the air. It's been like that since she was about 4 months old :) To be honest, It doesn't suit her with 2 loppy ears hahahaha

Anyways, as some of you know, she had to be taken in at the vets on Sunday and put on a drip as she was too weak. She ended up having a massive dental yesterday and having a quite a few teeth out. Poor madam. Only problem is, her right ear is lopping :shock: I know it shouldn't be a problem, but why has that happened??? It's been up for 2 and a half years!!
It looks like it's trying to get back up, and I'm sure it will eventually, but I just wonder why it's happened.

I think I offended the vet nurse coz when she brought Biscuit out and I saw her loppy ears I said "What have they done to ya?!" :oops::lol:

strange, I'd like to know this too - Kiki is a half lop like yours and the vet has told me her mishapen poos are linked to her poor teeth, I'm going in for another checkup in December, so will discuss this with my vet x

dont know if it is related but when solo (my border collie so not a bun at all :lol: ) was teething his ears went right down from being semi *****, was told it was quite common in them for the ear carriage to drop whilst teething

My Bella-bunny has convinced herself she's an uppity-eared bunny, despite coming here as a baby, as a helicopter bunny. She was only weeks old, but she honestly looked to be going the same way as her mummy bunny, who is a lop (though can helicopter her ears at will). Anyway, her ears look too big and round to be up-eared, but she managed it... However, when she returns to her hutch of an evening, after a day in the run, one of her ears always flops. Sometimes both. It's like she's too tired to keep them stuck up. :lol:

Im sure i read somewhere that if a bun is ill/under the weather, their ears can lop down a bit. Dont quote me though, i might be wrong!!

yeah maybe she's just feeling down, like a dog would put his tail between it's legs. hopefully she'll perk up and and spring here wee ear up for ya.

My Strawberry's ears change quite often - one ear is always lopped, the other is sometimes up and sometimes down - guess it depends on her mood!

So far (touches lots of wood) her teeth have been checked and are fine:D

Back