• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warren Lodge Closing

seagreen

Warren Scout
Just announced in the local papers is Warren Lodge Rabbit Rescue in Essex is closing its doors after 10 years.

Since opening the centre in December 1998, Lesley Collins with her husband Barry have rehomed nearly 4,500 rabbits but due to Barrys ill health they are having to close.

The remaining rabbits will be cared for by Lesley & Barry.

Lesley launched her " If you want a rabbit for Easter, get a chocolate one !" campaign over 5 years ago & was featured spreading the word both on GMTV & in the national press.

I have a soft spot for Warren Lodge as one of those 4,500 rehomed rabbits was my very own, Toby Rabbit.

Lesley & Barry, I wish you well.

Last edited:
Yes I noticed recently their website was no longer operating and I wondered whether they were closing.

My Harry came from there :)

That's very sad, goodness knows we need all the rescues to stay open and operating but then nothing can be done about ill health, such a shame

Is that the one in Bowers Gifford? My neighbour mentioned it to me when she knew we wanted a rescue wifey for Alfie but we never got round to phoning them. Such a shame, but they have helped out an amazing number of bunnies.

Thats another rabbit rescue gone now :(

We lost our old bunny a few weeks ago to old age (13yrs old) & we decided that we would like another one & tried to contact the rescue we adopted him from, Thumpers rabbit rescue in wickford but didn't get any joy but someone told me the lady has given up because of cancer :(
It was the digging around the net for other rescues that I found this forum :wave:

Hope what I heard was wrong

Back