• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you store your hay in?

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All

Have had a bit of a shift around in the shed to accommodate some extra housing. Need a storage solution for my hay. I have a farm bale and was thinking of getting a large black plastic dustbin to keep it in.

Was just wondering what other people use if they have bales of hay?

Any ideas would be gratefully received. :)

i put my buns timothy hay into this recyle bin i have, theres two compartments for it, so one side is hay and the other food, they've got wee foot compressors lol. sounds like your keeping it in a good place.

I did originally buy these bags from ikea that I was gonna use, but went to tesco and bought two large plastic bins £4.50 each (like the garden ones, bit bigger maybe) proper bargain! But at the mo my bale is stored in 2 big cardboard boxes in my conservantory until i sort it out :lol:

I store my hay in the summerhouse, inside a single duvet cover which keeps it tidy, and teh hay can still 'breath'. I put the bale in the cover before I put it in my car so I don't get hay everywhere!

at this time of year or when it is empty i put ours in the outhouse greenhouse, saves keep going upto shed etc :lol:

I've commandeered the wheelie bin the council gave me for recycling glass/plastic/metal. I just throw my recycling in one of the neighbour's bins on collection day. Perfect for a bale of hay.

Back