• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

age old bunny

simonsmybunny

Warren Scout
Whats the oldest bunny anyone has? it says online that they can live till 15!!! i have never known rabbits that old...:p

My bunny Rosie is at least 11,I have had her 10 years and she had 2 homes before I got her,she is a dutch and eats loads and is very sweet and funny

mine's also 11 and apart from the odd bout of doziness still acts like he did a few years ago. Still prone to bouts of naughtiness and a mad five minutes (if he thinks I'm not looking). Gets more affectionate as he gets older which is a real plus!

The oldest 2 buns I have known of is a grand age 10 years! Their names were Rudie (a lop) and Flopsy (an english). Sadly both have now passed away, flopsie from cancer and Rudie just natural old age. Bless the good old dears :love:

I know its really bad but before both my other rabbits died at about 4-5. Im now thinking that wasnt normal. This was when i was a litttleun so they were more the family pet....im going to ask my mum later:?

my childhood bun was 14 when she had to be pts as she had a tummour and we thought the kindest thing for was to pts.she was one of those rabbits with the black straight ears and i a little black W on her nose and REW. snowy was her name i loved her.

I know its really bad but before both my other rabbits died at about 4-5. Im now thinking that wasnt normal. This was when i was a litttleun so they were more the family pet....im going to ask my mum later:?

I wouldn't feel bad, adverage bun life span is 5-7 years depending on the breed, and general living conditions. My favourite childhood bunny, a little dutch named Baza :love: was only 2 when he passed on! It was tragic, we went on holiday and left the neighbours to look after him, there was a heat wave whilst we were away (hottest in a decade) and he died of dehydration and sun stroke :cry:

I never forgave the neighbours for this. :evil:

My piggie gramps was 7 when he passed. He had bowel cancer :cry:

I have a 15 year old bun...................... every winter i think "this is gonna be his last" but so far he's proved me wrong!!

He came to me at eight as no rescues would take him cos of his age!

The second oldest bun that he lives with is 4

My eldest bun was an unspayed girl that I had when I was young, she lived to 8 years.

My Sooty is 7 1/2 yrs :D

I have a 15 year old bun...................... every winter i think "this is gonna be his last" but so far he's proved me wrong!!

He came to me at eight as no rescues would take him cos of his age!

The second oldest bun that he lives with is 4

wow 15 :shock::shock:

i hope i get alvin and pearl to that age :D

My oldest was 8 and that was my first rabbit. My current oldest is 5, the others are babies by comparison with the youngest being 6 months.

My Bridge bunnies died at the following ages:
Honeycombe 8
Rowan 5
Caspian approx. 18 months
Pippa 7
Maverick 6 months
Cassius approx. 18 months
Callisto approx. 18 months
Bobby 4

All in all I havn't done very well with them :(

Last edited:
Back