• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Know Everyone Says Get A Rab From A Rescue

Is Any Of Your Rabs From A Pet Shop?

• Yes

Votes: 63 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 71 53.0%

• Total voters
Two of mine are rescues the other was found wandering round someones garden and i took her in.

Me :wave:
I have Rabbits from a Breeder and a Petshop aswell as from Rescues.
I wont be taking on any more Rabbits but if I were to they would be from a Rescue. Buns that had been in Rescue the longest or a 'hard to rehome' Bun would be my choice

:)

Rodney - Found wondering the streets
Sophie - adopted from honeybunnies
Chloe - childs unwanted pet, friend of a friend situation

All my current bunnies are all rescues... But my first two bunnies I ever had were from garden centres. :) Never really knew that there were so many rabbits in need of homes and stuff.

well chelsea and chocolate were rescue buns. from cheltenham animal shelter... but i had dora (and snowy) off a free ad to save them. and got arthur from appauling conditions off free ads too. same with cocoa who will eventually be looking for a new home but not till new year i would think so while i think rescue buns are best i do take in buns who have had a rough start elsewhere xx

Mine are from all over...:wave:

Lopsy - Breeder
Jack - family friend didnt want him
Toffee - (Jack's brother) same as above
Bo - PAH adoption
Tigger & Lindt - Honeybunnies rescue, Jill
Bella - PAH adoption
Angelica - PAH adoption
Oscar - Breeder
Tommy - Work friend no longer wanted him
Jasmine - Carolines Rescue in Eastbourne
Petra - Tracey Barc
Amstel - Ange Barc
Violet - Honeybunnies rescue, Jill
Ollie - Ebay, no longer wanted
Little Ben - Ebay, no longer wanted

I will now only go to rescues :) (not that i intend on getting any more) :lol:

I've had Charlie from breeder, Mocha and Nesbit rescue buns and Peppa unwanted pet. And now Harry from a breeder. I'd much prefer rescue/unwanted rabbit than breeder.

Why you asking?

My two were from a breeder (she was selling up, and I got my boys at 4 months old). I didn't know about rescues at the time, and I do feel guilty about going to a breeder, but I love my boys SO much, so for that reason, I have no regrets :love:
In future, I would go to a rescue :)

3 of my current ones are from petshops and 3 are rescues.

I had two childhood bunnies who I got from BYB's and I have 6 Bridge bunnies who were all rescued.

My 3 petshop bunnies were all from before I discovered and started rescuing and I would NEVER buy again.

i just wanted to see which one was used more

Your poll wont give an accurate answer as it asks 'is any of your buns from a petshop'.

Three of mine are so I answered yes but I have had 9 from rescues, which makes the poll biased towards petshops.

There was a poll done ages ago. I think there generally results were most people got their first rabbit from a pet shop but subsequent rabbits from rescue etc.

It's not uncommon for people to initially get a rabbit from a petshop or be given it by a friend then do further research and go to a rescue.

Barley is from a pet shop, from a time when I genuinely didn't realise that there were rabbits in rescues (I had only heard of cats and dogs before). I would only get from rescues from now on.

Hannah

mine are from all rescues off here:D or rescues I have taken in and they have been so badly treated that they stay

the only one we ever got from a pet shop died about 2years ago

Mines from an advert on one of these dodgy sites :( hugosthere tried to advise her but she wasn't having any of it, so i was the next best thing ;) sorry forgot to say we will be looking for a rescue girlfriend for him :love:

Back