• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank and Dulcie - "we iz bonding!"

TermiteFrank

Wise Old Thumper
Well, I've chickened out of putting them together and leaving them to it, so I thought I'd go for the long but softly softly approach that the woman I adopted Dulcie from does with her bunnies when pairing up.

They can see one another all the time and come out to play together twice a day. Occasionally Frank gets his "wooman!" caveman head on and tries to bonk her, but this seems to be getting less and less. I don't know if it's dominance or some residual hormones because Dulcie put her head down and sticks her bottom up for him sometimes. Dulcie often steals food off him and he doesn't retaliate, so I presume that's a good sign? Will post some video later - on my way out, but here's a photo from last night.

wehaskarot.jpg

So she's letting him have his way in return for getting some extra food...sounds like a pretty good relationship to me :lol:

Had to chase the little minx out of Frank's half this evening as she was stuffing her face with his cabbage. I finally persuaded her to go in her own half (and full of veggies bowl) by luring out with a piece of broccoli. :lol:

She's so food orientated. I put pellets in their bowl the other morning and there was no way she was going in when there was a glass tower full of pellets in the yard. She kept nudging it then looking at me with a perplexed look on her face. In the end I put the glass jar in her half of the kennel and she shot in and started eating out of her bowl.

I'm going to book her in for her VHD next week and then I'm going to give them a try when they've both been for a ride to the vet.

Back