• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can I use hay as bedding?

albo

Warren Scout
I have a MASSIVE bag of hay that I bought when we got our bun, but she doesnt like it, so either Im gonna give it away or can i use it as bedding???

It's absolutely fine to use as bedding. :) You might find she even eats some of it while she's lying there too. :lol:

fab...thanks then...i was about to freecycle it...maybe i wont! thanks for super quick response!

I have a MASSIVE bag of hay that I bought when we got our bun, but she doesnt like it, so either Im gonna give it away or can i use it as bedding???

Have you found a hay she will eat??? 'Tis important that bunnies eat hay as a big part of their diet, to keep teeth and digestion in order...
In the meantime it makes great bedding, in a nice deep box, so she can snuggle down into it now the nights are chilly.

I got the selection pack from hay experts and she liked all of them especially the oat and barley one, so I ordered a bag of that today.....ive noticed today too that with the hay i didnt hink she liked she has been nibbling on,but not eating much of it.

Hopefully the oat hay will do the job, shes a house bun too so she lives in my kitchen.

Back