• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bun run around with a treat in its mouth when you give it to them?

Xowhiteasianxo

Warren Scout
When I give Azlan a treat he takes it and runs around the room, while its still in his mouth, for about a minute or so before he sets it down and eats it.

Does your bun do this too? :lol:

Yep! Both mine do - it's as if I'm going to steal back a delicious alfalfa chip!

Presume it's wild behaviour???? Maybe tehy get food then take it somehwere safe to eat it? Mine tend to take it behind the curtains!

Yes all mine do this, Dandy will do it for about 5 mins up and down the hutch he will drop it then do it all over again so funny:lol:

nope.. fiver will snatch it, leg it away as fast as he can (as if i'd take it back off him :shock:) then scoffs it as fast as he can lol

Yes Lionel does it he runsa round looking for a safe place away from Lolly as she will just scoff hers then go after his!

Yes Lionel does it he runsa round looking for a safe place away from Lolly as she will just scoff hers then go after his!

One of mine does exactly the same!!!!! Runs away before his bunwife grabs it off him!!!! :roll: :lol:

Kermit does this with his fav foods :)
He particularly runs alot with a bit of banana, then when he eats it his full body twitches with excitement!!

Ghostie does this - soooooo funny!
She holds her head up hight with a carrot in her mouth, parades it infront of Toffee, then goes to the top floor of her castle and scoffs it!

This sounds just like Tinks and Rudy. Only if Rudy had the sense to eat his straight away like Tinks does she wouldn't have chance to steal his when she's finished hers :roll::lol::lol:

My two don't run around as such, just run away to eat it! I think they think that if they don't run off with it , then the other will nick it!

I think it's a matter of trust. w/ my 2 current buns, Minnie trusts me, and just eat the treat right in front of me. Bernie will take the treat, and sometimes eat it right in front of me, some other time, he'll go elsewhere w/ the treat in his mouth.

My bridge bun Monty does the same thing, he was an abused bun, so he doesn't trust me much, and goes away w/ the treat in his mouth before he eats it:D

It depends what mood they're in:D sometimes my two do, sometimes they don;t.......it's hilarious when they do though...they look like dogs with a bone:D:lol::lol:

Ivy does it a lot, he just get so very very excited that he's not quite sure what to do, or where to sit and eat it :lol:

yeah petal does that, for some strange reason she thinks i'm gonna take it away from here and eat it myself so she makes sure she far enough away from me before she eats it. :lol:

I think it's a matter of trust. w/ my 2 current buns, Minnie trusts me, and just eat the treat right in front of me. Bernie will take the treat, and sometimes eat it right in front of me, some other time, he'll go elsewhere w/ the treat in his mouth.

I agree. Alfie is very confident and is happy to jump onto my lap, take the treat and sit on my lap and scoff it :lol:. Bubbles is a little more wary and will only put her front paws on me, take the treat and scamper off with it to eat at a safe distance away.

Back