• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally got new hutch made! photos.

fiona3

Warren Scout
My old hutch was falling apart and getting damp so i enlisted my OH to make a new one. It is huge! it took 3 of us to move it from the garage! It is two tier but had to fit under my kitchen window. Hence the strange shape! The buns have a huge run at the top of the garden, but i wanted them near the house through the winter. Way too wet, dark and windy up in Scotland through the winter.

It has a ramp to a 2nd floor which Clover explored immediatly! This floor has a perspex window for my benifit and to let some light in. I made the wired area smaller to keep the weather out and it has loadsa room inside.
They love it. Nutmeg has a litter tray under the stairs which he loves to sit in for some reason and Clover has been doing blinkeys in her hutch. Its really cosy despite being huge! They now have 8ft of dry hutch to play in through the winter. If its dry they get into their run and at night they sometimes come into the kitchen to run around if they havent been out.
newhutch1.jpg
newhutch2.jpg
exploringnewhutch.jpg

New hutch

Thanks for great comments. I love it. dead pleased with it. wanted a new hutch for my birthday but couldnt get any joiners to make it. Weird shape i guess:lol: It took him around 2 weeks to make it. Cost around £190. which was cheaper than even the biggest hutch i could find online. It has a few things i need to do to it, another coat of paint, a few sealants here and there but they are in it and dry and warm for winter! taking a bit of getting used to i must say! Coming out the door in the morning to that! :shock:

new hutch photos!

insidenewhutch1.jpg

This is another photo inside it. Nutmeg is only half way down it sitting in his tray under the stair. He has yet to venture upstairs. There is a wine box at the bottom of the hutch which gives some scale it it. I cant wait for my friends to see it. They will think its ridiculously big! :D

I love the upstairs bit that gives them a view outside but keeps them nice and snug.

When I had my first buns (long time ago) my dad made the hutches - so much better when you can design it yourself.
Lucky bunnies!!

Back