• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have just been doing some maths ...this is scary

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
we took in 8 buns last weeks ... All females between 4 and 6 months old from 2 different litters ...all living together :)

now it turned out that 3 of the girls werent girls at all :shock:

this left us with 5 potentialy pregnant girls and 3 boys ....which...if all the girls had 10 babies each ...would mean we had actualy ended up with 58 rabbits in total instead of the 8 we had expected......:shock: :shock: :shock:

now thankfully we had help offered from other rescues . which means we have only kept 2 of the girls ..which cuts down the baby risk somewhat ...

BUT...

imagine if all but 1 had been girls ......
that would mean potentialy 70 babies ..plus the original 8 :shock: :shock: :shock::mrgreen::mrgreen: i feel sick and clammy at the thought ..:?

and before anyone says naaaah ...the litters wouldnt have been that big ...one of the girls which stayed with us had 10 bouncing babies just yesterday...which is what got me thinking ..:shock:

we took in 8 buns last weeks ... All females between 4 and 6 months old from 2 different litters ...all living together :)

now it turned out that 3 of the girls werent girls at all :shock:

this left us with 5 potentialy pregnant girls and 3 boys ....which...if all the girls had 10 babies each ...would mean we had actualy ended up with 58 rabbits in total instead of the 8 we had expected......:shock: :shock: :shock:

now thankfully we had help offered from other rescues . which means we have only kept 2 of the girls ..which cuts down the baby risk somewhat ...

BUT...

imagine if all but 1 had been girls ......
that would mean potentialy 70 babies ..plus the original 8 :shock: :shock: :shock::mrgreen::mrgreen: i feel sick and clammy at the thought ..:?

and before anyone says naaaah ...the litters wouldnt have been that big ...one of the girls which stayed with us had 10 bouncing babies just yesterday...which is what got me thinking ..:shock:

:shock:

*Faints*

wow talk about the noise of tiny feet! that like almost.... 312 feet! (if they had all been girls that is)

:shock::shock::shock:

hi there i have tried to pm but it wont let me, but i'd love to know the breed of the rabbit on bunny bekkie signature can any one tell me cos he or she is gorgeous.

Last edited:

No wonder you weren't best pleased when you heard about Matilda & Montague :oops::oops:

No wonder you weren't best pleased when you heard about Matilda & Montague :oops::oops:

montague :lol::lol: are these the ones that will be coming to ours. i hope you know its me that has to take them to the vets :?

montague :lol::lol: are these the ones that will be coming to ours. i hope you know its me that has to take them to the vets :?

Everyone else liked it :(

I know one day you are both going to insist on naming them for me :lol:. Yes it is, I will get you some pictures tommorrow....they are very sweet & friendly given the fact they were pretty much left to their own devices.

Everyone else liked it :(

I know one day you are both going to insist on naming them for me :lol:. Yes it is, I will get you some pictures tommorrow....they are very sweet & friendly given the fact they were pretty much left to their own devices.

i'm used to turning up with unusual named bunnies. the receptionist likes to have a good laugh and i think the vets call out their names louder than everyone elses on purpose.:lol: the names quite sweet actually. cant wait to see piccies.:)

i'm used to turning up with unusual named bunnies. the receptionist likes to have a good laugh and i think the vets call out their names louder than everyone elses on purpose.:lol: the names quite sweet actually. cant wait to see piccies.:)

I knew you would come round to my way of thinking ;)

I hate to have two bunnies with the same name but it starts to get harder the more you have! I really don't know where Montague came from, it just popped into my head. Animus had already named Matilda for me as she looked after them for a week.

You may be a bit shocked by how thin he is, but I promise to make him fat again :D

I knew you would come round to my way of thinking ;)

I hate to have two bunnies with the same name but it starts to get harder the more you have! I really don't know where Montague came from, it just popped into my head. Animus had already named Matilda for me as she looked after them for a week.

You may be a bit shocked by how thin he is, but I promise to make him fat again :D

:cry::cry:awww poor baby.

I haven't told my two friends who have the other girls that one that you have as given birth to 10 babies:oops::lol::lol: at least they were pre warned
:lol::lol::lol:

I haven't told my two friends who have the other girls that one that you have as given birth to 10 babies:oops::lol::lol: at least they were pre warned
:lol::lol::lol:

Lol i was at work when she had them. Tony phoned and said she has had at least 8 babies but he could not hold any more to count the rest lol!

Back