• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Hector UPDATE post #25

brightspark19

Warren Scout
I always check my rabbits bums daily for changes etc. But today My 8 month old unneutered male rabbit looked a bit down and had trouble hopping properly. So i checked him again and he has a large lump almost attached to his right testicle.

The lump is about the size of a small apple or a plum and is red. It isn't round and it loops out of one part, around and back in. I'm not sure if it directly attatched to the testicle or where its coming from. It isn't painful when i touch it but it seems to have a little bit of pus on it. I was reading on another board that it could be an enlarged bladder and it is full of urine, but im not sure.

I have them booked in next week for them to be neutered as they are dwarfs and their testicles werent large enough a few months ago. Anybody any ideas?

Thankx

Last edited:
I would try to get bunny seen ASAP. Rabbits can get ill very quickly. Sending lots of ((((((vibes))))))

Could he have been bitten by another Rabbit?
It sounds like an abscess to me

Good luck at the Vets, I'd take him today if I were you.

:)

Straight to the vets with that as it could be serious. It could be an abscess if there is puss but in that sort of area a hernia is also possible.

i too usually would be straight down the vets but it really isnt possible tonight. I have made an appointment for tomorrow morning as soon as i opens.

Usually i would be straight down the vets but i dont drive, my dads car is in the garage, the vets about 8 mles away and i dont get paid until tomorrow. I got about £100 saved aside and i gt another £60 tomorrow as i only work part-time but im still not sure how im gonna afford it...but he's definately going tomorrow.

It's possible he could have been bitten by another rabbit as he lives with his brother but they get along like a house on fire and its more likely that he's been humping him. Would tht have had anything to do with it?

He's not off his food and he's taking great interest in it but he's not moving as much as usual as he's hobbling on his right foot. He was fine about 6pm last night and he was running round the garden before hand. I hope its nothing serious. Thanks for all the vibes :D

Given you have two unneutered and maturing males living together I would bet my bottom dollar one of them has had a go at DIY de-plumming. I would get to the vets asap and if it IS a wound they need to be seperated.

Given you have two unneutered and maturing males living together I would bet my bottom dollar one of them has had a go at DIY de-plumming. I would get to the vets asap and if it IS a wound they need to be seperated.

Agreed

Oh my that does't sound pleasant :( Good luck with the vets ;)

thanks for your suggestions. I am pretty sure it is to do with William's love for Hector (the one with the lump) i have Hector indoors now in the indoor cage as William is constantly trying to hump him. Im sure its meant in an affectionate way as they have never fought with each other but i will be glad when they are neutered.

I was told 3/4 months ago they were girls because they had no testicles and then 2 moths ago they started to appear.

As i said, i would usually ensure he would be going tonight but unfortunately not everybody has access to transport when they need it, or money

I'm sure your vets would let you have an account. If I get a large bill that I cannot pay in one go I pay some upfront and my vets invoice me for the rest at the end of the month.

Most taxi's will take rabbits in a carrier too.

I took in Hector early this morning as it was the only appointment i could get.

The vet said that he must have been fighting with his brother and that he had a cut on his testes and some of it had come out causing the lump.

We hope to have caught it quick enough and he is undergoing a emergency castration as i type. I have to phone the vets at 2:30pm to see how he's getting on but fingers crossed he will be fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions and the vibes sent. Please send any spare vibes this way!!!

Back