• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think my doe is confused!

VALM

Young Bun
I've previously posted re: our bunnies Max and Millie who had kits in July. We kept two of the kits which were sexed as does - Sophie and Smudge. I found S and S humping last night. Is this normal behaviour in does?

Yes, it's a way of showing dominance to the other rabbit. Maybe get them sexed again just to be sure, but if you are certain they are both does, it's just dominance.

My 2 does were unspayed when I got them and were humping ALL the time. Since they've been spayed I haven't seen them humping at all!! I'm sure they must have done in the weeks after but I can't remember the last time it happened.

It was just dominance but there was an awful lot of it going on :shock:

Their hormones are kicking in. Most vets will spay from 6 months - some from earlier. Sometimes the humping can change to fighting, but spaying would prevent this. I have a few girls in my group - all spayed - & the odd now & then there is some humping as a show of dominance, but it's rare:D

Back